Energy Efficiency Remains Hottest Sector within Cleantech
Energy efficiency remains the hottest, growing sector within cleantech, according to Cleantech Group’s sixth annual Global Cleantech 100 list and report. Among the 17 industry sectors included in this year’s list, 24 companies were from the energy efficiency sector. Although this is slightly fewer than last year, there were more solar companies (9) this year than there were last year (6), suggesting a renaissance of new business models.
The following companies were among those honored:
- Alphabet Energy
- Digital Lumens
- FirstFuel Software
- KiWi Power
- MTPV Power Corporation
- Next Step Living
- Noesis Energy
- O-Flexx Technologies
- Project Frog
- Renewable Funding
- Aquion Energy
- Imprint Energy
Fuel Cells and Hydrogen
- ACAL Energy
- AutoGrid Systems
- C3 Energy
- Gridco Systems
- Space-Time Insight
- Applied Solar Technologies India
- Clean Power Finance
- M-KOPA Solar
- SunPartner Technologies
- Principle Power
Company of the year awards were given to LanzaTech (North America), developer of a carbon capture and reuse technology that transforms abundant waste and low-cost resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals; Avantium (Europe and Israel), developer of a process to convert biomass into bio-based materials and fuels; LP Amina (Asia Pacific), provider of products and services that improve the efficiency and reduce emissions of power plants.
Aquion Energy, developer of batteries based on ambient-temperature sodium-ion technology, received the early stage company of the year.
Autogrid Systems, provider of software and cloud-based services for utilities, grid operators and end users, was recognized with the industrial innovation company of the year.
Chargepoint, provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging, was recognized with the future mobility company of the year.
The Global Cleantech 100 recognizes the 100 most promising and innovative companies most likely to make a significant market impact over the next five to ten years.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles