Energy Efficiency Upgrade Uses Protocols
A tool to make investments in energy efficiency upgrades more appealing to investors has been used in the upgrade of an office building in Connecticut. Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) said Investor Confidence Project (ICP) protocols were employed for a 98,000 square foot office building in Bridgeport.
ICP is designed to open energy efficiency markets to a wide range of investors, from building owners to financial institutions, and the secondary markets. EDF hopes the protocols accelerate the vast potential of energy efficiency retrofits in commercial buildings by significantly increasing stakeholder confidence in the resulting savings. The ICP framework outlines a straightforward set of protocols that define a clear road-map for upgrades, following the life cycle of the building’s upgrade project and integrating the existing array of standards to ensure the project delivers real savings.
The ICP protocols lower transaction costs and increase access to capital. The ICP Energy Performance Protocols were developed by EDF with industry participants that include Sustainable Real Estate Solutions, Inc., EMCOR Services New England Mechanical and Connecticut’s Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management