Energy Executive Career Moves: Hara, Vestas, ANSI Energy Efficiency Working Groups
Here’s the latest in executive promotions and appointments within the energy management industry.
Hara: Rodrigo Prudencio became the CEO of the energy and resource data management company. Prudencio also joins Hara’s board of directors. Previously, Prudencio was a partner at Nth Power, a venture capital firm and one of Haraʼs lead investors. He brings over 20 years of relevant technology, energy and environmental expertise to the company. Prudencio replaces Dan Leff who served as CEO since early 2011.
Vestas: Chris Brown has joined the company as president of Vestas Americas and group senior vice president of Vestas. Brown will succeed Martha Wyrsch, who has decided to leave Vestas in early December. Brown, 52, most recently served as chief operating officer for the City of Detroit. Brown’s first task will be getting up to speed on Vestas as a company, its operations and its current implementation of cost savings and organizational adjustments.
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Energy Efficiency Standardization Coordination Collaborative (EESCC) has appointed eight working group co-chairs who will help lead the development of an EESCC standardization roadmap addressing energy efficiency in the built environment.
- WG1: Building energy and water assessment standards (including diagnostic test procedures and health and safety testing) – Pete DeMarco, Senior Director of Special Services, IAPMO; Stephanie Reiniche, Manager of Standards, ASHRAE
- WG2: Systems integration and communications (encompassing communications between building automation/operation systems, equipment, and the electric grid) Henry Green, President, National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS)
- WG3: Building energy modeling, rating, and labeling (includes whole building modeling from design to construction, as well as rating and labeling for energy performance) Wayne Stoppelmoor, Industry Standards Manager, Energy Efficiency, Schneider Electric
- WG4: Evaluation, measurement, and verification (encompassing EM&V; energy performance metrics; and standardized and portable data collection and reporting) – Kevin Cooney, Managing Director, Navigant Consulting; William C. Miller, Ph.D., Program Manager and Senior Advisor, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- WG5: Workforce credentialing (including standards for workforce training and certification programs, and workforce skills standards) – Christine Niero, Ph.D., Vice President, Professional Testing; Jane Weissman, Executive Director, International Renewable Energy Council (IREC).
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book