Energy Executive Career Moves: Hara, Vestas, ANSI Energy Efficiency Working Groups
Here’s the latest in executive promotions and appointments within the energy management industry.
Hara: Rodrigo Prudencio became the CEO of the energy and resource data management company. Prudencio also joins Hara’s board of directors. Previously, Prudencio was a partner at Nth Power, a venture capital firm and one of Haraʼs lead investors. He brings over 20 years of relevant technology, energy and environmental expertise to the company. Prudencio replaces Dan Leff who served as CEO since early 2011.
Vestas: Chris Brown has joined the company as president of Vestas Americas and group senior vice president of Vestas. Brown will succeed Martha Wyrsch, who has decided to leave Vestas in early December. Brown, 52, most recently served as chief operating officer for the City of Detroit. Brown’s first task will be getting up to speed on Vestas as a company, its operations and its current implementation of cost savings and organizational adjustments.
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Energy Efficiency Standardization Coordination Collaborative (EESCC) has appointed eight working group co-chairs who will help lead the development of an EESCC standardization roadmap addressing energy efficiency in the built environment.
- WG1: Building energy and water assessment standards (including diagnostic test procedures and health and safety testing) - Pete DeMarco, Senior Director of Special Services, IAPMO; Stephanie Reiniche, Manager of Standards, ASHRAE
- WG2: Systems integration and communications (encompassing communications between building automation/operation systems, equipment, and the electric grid) Henry Green, President, National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS)
- WG3: Building energy modeling, rating, and labeling (includes whole building modeling from design to construction, as well as rating and labeling for energy performance) Wayne Stoppelmoor, Industry Standards Manager, Energy Efficiency, Schneider Electric
- WG4: Evaluation, measurement, and verification (encompassing EM&V; energy performance metrics; and standardized and portable data collection and reporting) - Kevin Cooney, Managing Director, Navigant Consulting; William C. Miller, Ph.D., Program Manager and Senior Advisor, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- WG5: Workforce credentialing (including standards for workforce training and certification programs, and workforce skills standards) - Christine Niero, Ph.D., Vice President, Professional Testing; Jane Weissman, Executive Director, International Renewable Energy Council (IREC).
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing