Energy Executive Moves: Alliance to Save Energy, Eaton, Opower, Aircuity, Bluestone Energy Services
The Alliance to Save Energy board of directors voted to include Bruno Biasiotta (pictured), the president and CEO of Philips Lighting Americas. Biasiotta is leading Philips Lighting through the LED technology revolution and the move to an integrated solutions approach. Biasiotta joined Philips from Johnson Controls where he most recently served as vice president and general manager of building efficiency and was responsible for field operations of the company’s Energy Solutions business, which included energy efficiency, renewable technologies, demand response, solar and lighting services.
Eaton has appointed William Anderson as strategic development executive, government segment. Anderson will be based in Washington, DC, on Eaton’s government business development team responsible for promoting overall power management and energy solutions to the government. Anderson is the former Assistant Secretary of the US Air Force for Installations, Environment and Logistics, and the Air Force’s Senior Energy Executive under President George W. Bush. For these efforts, Anderson received the Decoration for Exceptional Civilian Service and the Presidential Award for Leadership in Federal Energy Management.
Opower announced that John Rowe and Dick Kelly have joined its advisory board, and Tom Brady has been named the chairman of its advisory board. Rowe led Exelon from its formation in 2000 through the completion of its acquisition of Constellation Energy in 2012. Rowe previously held chief executive officer positions at the New England Electric System and Central Maine Power Company. Kelly served as chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Xcel Energy from 2005 until September 2011. Kelly currently serves as chairman of the Edison Electric Institute (EEI). Tom Brady is chairman of the board of Corporate Office Properties Trust, an S&P 400 office real estate investment trust that focuses on serving the specialized requirements of US government and defense IT tenants. Previously, Brady was chairman of the board of Baltimore Gas & Electric Company and executive vice president – corporate strategy at Constellation Energy.
Dan Diehl has been promoted to chief executive officer of Aircuity. Diehl will replace Patrick Romich, who is a partner at Source Squared, Aircuity’s majority owner. Diehl joined Aircuity in November 2008, bringing over 20 years of experience in the building controls and energy efficiency markets. Under his sales leadership, the company’s bookings grew by more than 70 percent, which included a significant increase in international business.
Bluestone Energy Services has designated three business development managers. Chris Murphy will work with Bluestone as a business development manager for the Northeast region. Prior to joining Bluestone, Murphy served as the business development manager for EnerNOC. Karen Peck joins Bluestone as a Northeast region business development manager. A previous executive at Siemens Industry, she sold energy efficiency solutions, building automation systems and service contracts across many vertical markets. And Mike Nevitt, coming from three years with BlueStar Energy, will be responsible for Bluestone’s Midwest region as a business development manager.
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Integrated Building Optimization
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement