Energy Executive Moves: BuildingIQ, Power Assure, Lime Energy, SEIA, Usource
BuildingIQ, an energy management software company, named Michael Nark (pictured) as the company’s president and chief executive officer. He succeeds founder and CEO Michael Zimmerman who will assume the role of senior vice president of business development for the company. Nark will also serve on the board of directors. Nark joins BuildingIQ from Power Analytics, an energy and software business where he served as president and CEO and was instrumental in expanding the company’s global presence in the electrical infrastructure markets. Previously, he served as president and CEO of Prenova, a technology-enabled energy management services company, as well as president and CEO of GEOCOMtms, a supply chain software provider. Nark also held senior executive positions in a number of other technology companies, including Honeywell.
Power Assure appointed Andrew Stickler to the position of vice president of engineering. Reporting to President and CEO Pete Malcolm, Stickler will lead Power Assure’s worldwide engineering team and hold responsibility for all product delivery work for the company’s entire product line. Stickler joined Power Assure from CA Technologies where he was vice president of software engineering. He led the development of CA’s data loss prevention product line for over thirteen years, from its inception at Orchestria Corporation in 2000, through CA’s acquisition of the company in 2009.
Lime Energy, a provider of energy efficiency for small businesses, promoted Adam Procell to president and chief operating officer. He will report to John O’Rourke, Lime’s chief executive officer. Procell joined Lime Energy in 2009 and has served the company as a divisional president and as vice president of sales and marketing. He led the development of Lime’s Utility Programs business. Procell previously spent 12 years with AECOM Energy where he most recently served as the national director of energy efficiency and carbon management.
Raghu Belur of Enphase Energy joined the board of directors of The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA). Belur is the co-founder and vice president of Products and Strategic Initiatives at Enphase, a microinverter manufacturer.
Usource, an energy advising company based in Portsmouth, NH, hired Scott MacDonald as chief operating officer to focus on leading Usource’s sales, marketing, consulting, energy brokering, and administrative operations. MacDonald has more than 20 years of experience in the regulated and deregulated energy markets, including leadership roles in retail marketing, finance, management consulting, and economic forecasting with a number of national companies.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management