Energy Executive Moves: Demand Energy Networks, World Energy Solutions, Energy Curtailment Specialists, Exelon, Sapphire Energy
Demand Energy Networks has appointed Gregg Patterson (pictured) as president and CEO. Most recently, Patterson was president of the Renewable Energy business at Advanced Energy, a manufacturer of solar inverters. With Patterson joining the organization, founder and former CEO Dave Curry becomes Demand Energy Network’s chairman.
World Energy Solutions named Martha Danly as chief operating officer, promoting her from chief product officer, a position she held since joining the company in September 2012. As COO, Danly will oversee company-wide operations, product strategy, product marketing, software development, IT and the ongoing delivery of the company’s online energy platform, the World Energy Exchange.
Energy Curtailment Specialists hired James Scheiderich as senior regulatory affairs specialist for the New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) market. Previously, Scheiderich worked as a consultant for NYISO and remains an active participant in the NYISO stakeholder process. Scheiderich served as chair of both the Business Issues Committee of NYISO for two terms, as well as the Market Structures Working Group.
Kenneth Cornew, formerly executive vice president and chief commercial officer, Exelon, and president and CEO of Exelon business unit Constellation, has been named senior executive vice president and chief commercial officer, Exelon, and president and CEO of Exelon Generation. In his new role, Cornew assumes leadership of the company’s fleet of competitive power plants, with approximately 35,000 MW located primarily in the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Texas. His portfolio includes the nation’s largest nuclear fleet and a growing renewable energy development business. He will be based at the Exelon Generation headquarters in Kennett Square, Pa.
Also at Exelon, Joseph Nigro, formerly senior vice president, portfolio management and strategy, Constellation, has been named executive vice president, Exelon, and CEO, Constellation. Nigro will report to Cornew and assume responsibility for the wholesale and retail marketing of electricity, natural gas and other energy-related products and services to Constellation customers in 45 states, the District of Columbia and parts of Canada. He will remain based in Baltimore, Md.
Sapphire Energy announced that Dr. Matthew Croughan joined the company as chief technology officer. Croughan most recently served as George B. and Joy Rathmann Professor and Director of the Amgen Bioprocessing Center at Keck Graduate Institute. He has also served as a member of Sapphire Energy’s Scientific Advisory Board since June 2012. In the newly created role of CTO, Croughan will guide the company in its effort to refine and scale its technologies and algae-to-energy process as it moves toward commercial scale production of Green Crude oil.
The former CEO of the American Wind Energy Association and former president of the Independent Petroleum Association of America Denise Bode has joined Cornerstone Government Affairs as a principal in the firm.
Environmental and engineering firm Haley & Aldrich announced Anntonette Alberti as senior vice president of Energy Strategy, and Diane Sullivan as vice president of Energy Development. Alberti joins Haley & Aldrich from a large-scale environmental engineering and construction firm where she led the $300 million Electric Power Initiative focused on global provision of environmental, engineering and construction services for power generation, transmission and distribution, and storage facilities. Sullivan joins Haley & Aldrich after 15 years with a multidisciplinary land planning, design and environmental consulting firm, where she was a principal/vice president.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room