Energy Executive Moves: First Solar, Sapphire Energy, Cummins, PLMA
First Solar: The PV solar company has appointed Tim Rebhorn (pictured) as senior vice president, project development. Most recently, Rebhorn was CEO of Quail Nuclear Specialty Services.
Sapphire Energy: The algae-based green crude oil producer has named Thomas “Tom” Willardson as chief financial officer. Most recently, Willardson served as CFO at Aurora Algae, a producer of high-performance algae-based products for the pharmaceutical, nutrition, aquaculture and fuels markets.
Peak Load Management Alliance: The nonprofit, which advocates for energy management initiatives, has hired Ed Thomas as executive director. Prior to joining PLMA, Ed was vice president, utility and government services for the Electric & Gas Industries Association. He will continue to serve on the boards of Utility Energy Forum, Home Performance Resource Center, and Electric & Gas Industries Association.
Cummins: Jean Blackwell and Mark Gerstle have announced plans to retire from the power company on April 1. Effective Feb. 11, Mark Levett will assume the role of vice president of corporate responsibility and community relations and CEO of the Cummins Foundation. Gerstle started his career at Cummins in 1988 as an attorney and eventually became vice president of community affairs. Blackwell joined Cummins in 1997 and most recently served as executive vice president of corporate responsibility and CEO of the Cummins Foundation. Since 1999, Levett has served as general manager and vice president – High Horsepower.
Energy Points: The enterprise resource planning company has appointed Gideon Argov as chairman of Energy Points’ Board of Directors. Argov served as the president and CEO of Entegris from 2004 through 2012.
Regen Energy: The demand management and demand response technology company has appointed Roy Dalton as chief financial officer. His most recent role was as chief financial officer at RuggedCom, which provides communications networking products used for a variety of applications including electric power grid.
Conservation Services Group: The residential energy efficiency firm has appointed Alexander D. “Lex” Crosett III as executive vice president of software and services. Most recently, Crosett served as vice president and chief information officer for Earth Networks, an environmental sensor networking company.
Green Plug: The company — which develops and licenses technology that enables consumer electronics manufacturers to upgrade from traditional analog-controlled power adapters to “smart” digitally controlled systems — has named longtime executive Kevin Jones to the newly created position of chief scientist. The company has also appointed semiconductor industry veteran Rajeev Prasad to succeed Jones as VP of engineering. Jones joined Green Plug as VP of engineering in early 2008. Prior to joining Green Plug, Prasad led the development of low-power audio processors for smartphones as director of VLSI Engineering at Audience.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement