Energy Executive Moves: GridPoint, GE, Honeywell, Comverge, Regen Energy, NY Green Bank, EPRI
Energy Management firm GridPoint announced that Senior Vice President of Marketing Mark Straton (pictured) will now also spearhead GridPoint’s sales force as SVP of sales and marketing. His senior leadership experience in sales and marketing at large organizations such as XEROX, ROLM, IBM and Siemens, and start-ups such as SocialExtract, supports GridPoint’s strategic goal of developing the organization for growth and scale.
Mark Begor will succeed Dan Janki as president & CEO of GE Energy Management. Janki has been promoted to lead GE’s Treasury operations. Begor is a 33-year GE veteran and has been president & CEO of GE Capital Real Estate since 2011. He joined GE in 1980 on GE’s Financial Management Program.
Honeywell announced several senior leadership changes. Roger Fradin is promoted to vice chairman of Honeywell, a newly created leadership position where he will be primarily responsible for advancing the company’s merger and acquisition strategy. Andreas Kramvis is promoted to vice chairman of Honeywell where he will use his expertise to enable the global deployment of Honeywell Operating System Gold. Alex Ismail is named president and CEO of ACS, which will comprise Honeywell Building Solutions and the Energy, Safety, and Security businesses.
The New York Green Bank has named two energy finance experts as managing directors. Caroline Angoorly will be chief operating officer responsible for ensuring that operations are in alignment with the strategic plan and investment, risk and other performance principles of NY Green Bank. Nicholas Whitcombe will provide senior level investment portfolio management.
Gregory Dukat has joined Comverge as chairman, president and CEO. Dukat has been CEO of four software companies over the past 13 years, including Indus International (Ventyx), a software company with asset and customer management solutions serving the utility industry. Most recently, Dukat was CEO of Campus Management, a provider of software solutions to over 1,300 higher education institutions in 35 countries.
Regen Energy appointed Robert Chiste as interim president and CEO. Chiste has served as Regen’s executive chairman since March 2012. Chiste was the founding CEO of Comverge. Chiste’s appointment as interim CEO of Regen Energy follows the resignation of Tim Angus on March 20, 2014, who resigned as president and CEO and as a member of the board of directors. The Regen board has launched a search for a successor.
The Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) announced that Denis O’Brien, senior executive vice president, Exelon Corporation and chief executive officer of Exelon Utilities, has been appointed chairman of the board of directors and Gil Quiniones, president and chief executive officer of the New York Power Authority (NYPA), has been appointed as vice chairman.
Anord Critical Power named Kris Morgheim as the company’s new project manager to lead the company’s testing and application engineering projects.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management