Energy Executive Moves: Lighting Science Group, CODA Energy, Digital Lumens, Soraa, NREL
Lighting Science Group appointed Pete Rumsey (pictured) as executive vice president of Business Development, reporting directly to Lighting Science CEO Ed Bednarcik. Rumsey will direct the company’s commercial business development ventures. Rumsey joins Lighting Science from B2Q Technologies, where he served as a co-founder and principal, in charge of global sales and marketing initiatives.
CODA Energy appointed Paul Detering as the company’s first CEO following its transformation from electric vehicle manufacturer to energy storage systems provider in June 2013. Detering most recently served as managing director of Redwood Insights, a consultancy focused on early stage and midsize companies and funds in the renewable energy, technology and communications industries. Previously Detering held a number of CEO positions including for REC Solar, Tioga Energy, Blueleaf Networks and Wildfire Communications.
Digital Lumens expanded its team with Kaynam Hedayat joining as vice president of Product Management and Jason Hanna as director of Software Products. Hedayat joins Digital Lumens from wireless power firm WiTricity, where he served as the vice president of Product Management and Marketing. Hanna was most recently founder and CEO of Embue, where his teams developed HVAC and energy management products.
Soraa hired Ann Reo as senior vice president of Product Development. Reo founded her own LED-based luminaire company, io Lighting, which was purchased by Eaton’s Cooper Lighting in 2007. Most recently, Reo served as VP of Global SSL and general manager of io Lighting for Cooper.
Dan Arvizu announced that he intends to retire at the end of September from his role as the director and CEO of the Energy Department’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash