Energy Executive Moves: Powerhouse Dynamics, Phoenix Solar, Boulder Wind Power, CMS Energy, CA Energy Commission, KiWi Power
Powerhouse Dynamics, developer of the eMonitor energy and asset management system, has announced that Edward P. “Ned” Grace III (pictured) has joined its advisory board. Grace is the managing director for Grace Venture Partners and Grace Restaurant Partners. He is also a senior advisor in the private equity group at Angelo Gordon & Co.
Andreas Hanel, founding director and CEO of German photovoltaic system integrator Phoenix Solar has resigned, effective Feb. 28, as the company restructures and closes some of its businesses. Hanel will be replaced by Bernd Kohler, who will also continue to serve as chief financial officer. The company says it will ramp up operations in North America and Asia, and says its Spanish and Italian subsidiaries have been significantly reduced because of uncertainties in the local markets. The subsidiary based in Oman will close, and in Germany, the company will divest its components and systems, as well as its power plant businesses.
Boulder Wind Power has announced that Paulo Guedes-Pinto has joined the company as the vice president of engineering. Guedes-Pinto was most recently the director of engineering at FMC Technologies. Jim Smith, co-founder and former vice president of engineering at Boulder Wind Power, has assumed the role of chief science officer.
Laura H. Wright, former senior vice president of finance and chief financial officer of Southwest Airlines, has been elected to Michigan’s CMS Energy’s board of directors. Wright also is joining the board of directors of Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy. Wright will serve on the audit committee and finance committee for both boards.
California Gov. Jerry Brown has made two new appointees to the California Energy Commission. David Russell Hochschild served as vice president of external relations at Solaria Corp. from 2007 to 2012. Janea Ashanti Scott has been deputy counselor for renewable energy and special assistant to the counselor at the US Department of the Interior’s Office of the Secretary since 2009. Both appointments require confirmation from the California State Senate.
UK smart grid and energy demand management company KiWi Power has appointed Miriam Maes as a non-executive director who will serve on the KiWi Power board. Miriam was appointed as delivery advisor to the UK’s Department of Energy and Climate Change from 2010 to 2011 and as advisor to the Energy Efficiency Deployment Office within DECC from 2011 until March 2012.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement