Energy Executive Moves: UK DECC, GE Lighting, Pacific Green Technologies, ConEdison Solutions, Southern Company, ACENY
UK Department of Energy and Climate Change: The Prime Minister, with the agreement of the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, has approved the appointment of Stephen Lovegrove (pictured) as the new Permanent Secretary at the DECC. Lovegrove will replace Moira Wallace who left the department at the end of October. He is expected to take up post on Feb. 4. Lovegrove is currently chief executive at the Shareholder Executive, a role he has had since June 2007.
GE Lighting: Agostino Renna has been named president and CEO of GE Lighting Europe, Middle East and Africa, effective immediately. Renna succeeds Phil Marshall who has led GE Lighting Europe, Middle East and Africa since 2008. Marshall has left GE Lighting to pursue a position outside of the company. Renna most recently was vice president, growth and market strategy for GE-Canada.
Pacific Green Technologies: The clean-tech company has appointed Dr. Neil Carmichael as a non-executive director. Since leaving Shell in 2010, Carmichael has served as a director of Siren E&P, a Jersey-UK based investment fund; of Zemlex, an exploration company based in the UK; and also of the Fair Trade Software Foundation, a Netherlands-based charity.
ConEdison Solutions: The energy services company has named Peter Keating to the position of federal programs manager, focusing on program coordination and sales support for ConEdison Solutions’ energy services sales team for both governmental and commercial clients. Before joining the company, Keating worked for PS&S Global, where he managed programs that leveraged the economic and technical benefits of energy savings performance contracts and power purchase agreements.
Southern Company: The Atlanta-based energy company that owns electric utilities in four states has made several changes within its financial management team, effective March 31. Ann P. Daiss will become chief accounting officer and comptroller of Southern Company, as well as senior vice president and comptroller of Southern Company Services. Daiss is currently vice president, comptroller and chief accounting officer for Georgia Power. Daiss will replace W. Ron Hinson, who will become executive vice president, chief financial officer, treasurer and comptroller of Georgia Power, the largest subsidiary of Southern Company. Hinson will assume the role vacated by Ronnie R. Labrato, who has announced plans to retire.
Alliance for Clean Energy New York: The organization has appointed Valerie Strauss, ACENY deputy director, to interim executive director following Carol Murphy’s Jan. 1 retirement. Murphy spent six years at ACENY. As interim executive director, Strauss will work with the board and membership over the next few months to update the organization’s priorities and strategic plan for 2013.
- Integrated Building Optimization
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management