Energy Executive Moves: ViSole Energy, S&C Electric, Regen Energy, Johnson Controls
Len Jornlin has become CEO of ViSole Energy, a renewable power energy services company. Jornlin founded Empower Energies and was a senior executive at SunEdison. He replaces Abe Morris, who will become vice chairman of the ViSole Energy Board of Directors. Jornlin brings management experience from across the entire clean-energy value chain. In partnership with developers, he has concluded solar, wind, biomass, and waste technology investments and acquisitions totaling almost $400 million. He will leverage this experience to build ViSole Energy’s domestic and international presence in the solar and renewable industry.
Smart grid firm S&C Electric Company appointed Kyle Seymour as S&C president. Seymour, who has served on S&C’s board of directors since 2010, succeeds John Estey, who will continue to serve full time as S&C’s executive chairman. Seymour and Estey will work together to ensure a stable transition. Seymour most recently served as president and CEO of XTEK, an employee-owned manufacturer of heavy-duty mechanical components for steel rolling mill drives and overhead cranes.
Vermont Energy Investment Corporation (VEIC) has named Scudder Parker as policy director and Erin Carroll is director of the Consulting Division. Parker will lead VEIC’s work to advance policies at the state, national, and international level that feature an innovative approach to energy resource development that has energy efficiency at its heart. Parker played a leading role in creating Efficiency Vermont as director of the Energy Efficiency Division at the Vermont Department of Public Service. Erin Carroll who joined VEIC in 2011, brings more than 25 years of experience in the design, construction, startup, and low-cost project sourcing for power generation, industrial manufacturing, and institutional facilities.
Regen Energy appointed Steve Dixon to the role of executive vice president to help expand Regen’s sales, distribution and execution teams on the east coast and across new geographies, and to expand Regen’s Swarm Energy Management. Dixon’s most recent role was as director of Commercial & Industrial Business Practices at Comverge, a company that enables commercial and industrial energy users to reduce energy spend through demand response programs offered by utilities.
The Department of Energy has chosen Bill Drummond to be the new administrator for the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA), one of the four Power Marketing Administrations the Department oversees. As BPA’s administrator, Drummond will be responsible for managing the non-profit federal agency, which markets carbon-free power from Columbia River hydroelectic dams and operates the surrounding power grid, distributing wind, nuclear and other energy to the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Drummond currently serves as BPA’s deputy administrator and has worked in the energy industry for over 30 years.
Alex Molinaroli has been named vice chairman of Johnson Controls, and Brian Kesseler has been appointed vice president, and president of the company’s Power Solutions business, reporting to Molinaroli. The Johnson Controls Board of Directors also has elected Kesseler a corporate officer. Molinaroli joined the company in 1983, and has served as president of Power Solutions since 2007. He was elected a corporate officer in 2004 and has held a series of leadership positions in the Johnson Controls Building Efficiency business. Kesseler began his Johnson Controls career in 1994 in the Automotive Experience business, and most recently has been serving as chief operating officer for Power Solutions.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management