Energy Executive Moves: ViZn Energy, Energi, Daintree Networks, NREL, Telkonet, Global Clean Energy
Energy storage company ViZn Energy Systems appointed Ron Van Dell (pictured) as its president and chief executive officer. As president and CEO of SolarBridge Technologies, Van Dell led the launch of a microinverter for AC Solar Modules. He also served as president and CEO at Primarion (sold to Infineon), president and CEO at Legerity (spin off of Communication Division of AMD), and general manager for Dell Computer’s Dimension Line of Business.
Energi announced that Christopher Lohmann has joined the company as vice president of alternative energy solutions. Previously, Lohmann was a senior finance policy advisor at the Department of Energy, where he led the development of finance policy for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. At Energi, Lohmann will focus on managing the growth of its AES Warranty Programs.
Daintree Networks welcomed two new members to its advisory board: Jon Wellinghoff, former chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and Luca Mazzei, vice president of strategic marketing and product management for John Crane.
The Energy Department’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) has selected 17 leaders to participate in its five-month 2014 Executive Energy Leadership program. At the conclusion of the program, participants will present a viable clean energy project.
2014 Executive Energy Leadership Program Participants
- Gary “Bernie” Bernfeld – City of Austin Electric Utility Commission
- Drew Bolin – Colorado Public Utilities Commission
- Meredith Brooks – FirmGreen
- John David Canney – Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado
- Sean Conboy – Vail Resorts
- Elyse Hottel – City of Boulder
- Ward Lenz – Advanced Energy
- Nellis Kennedy-Howard – Sierra Club
- Adam Knoff – Unico Properties
- Zuhair Mased – University of California, Merced
- Anthony Molinaro, Jr. – Allen & Shariff Engineering
- Michael O’Malley – Xcel Energy
- Deborah Ortega – Denver City Council
- Laura Richardson – The Jordan Institute
- Anturuan Stallworth – Atlantic Coast Energy Corporation
- Penny Whitney – Rocky Mountain Technology Alliance
- Christopher Worley – Colorado Energy Office
Two new account executives have joined the Telkonet sales team. Ana Maria Huertas is based in Miami. She was formerly the hospitality business development manager with Somfy Systems. Sara Pharhadi is based in Dallas and was formerly with Vingcard Elsafe.
Global Clean Energy hired Hakim Zahar as chief scientific officer. Zahar most recently worked with the International Finance Corporation – World Bank Group as program manager to develop a resource efficiency programs in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection