Energy Executive Moves: ViZn Energy, Energi, Daintree Networks, NREL, Telkonet, Global Clean Energy
Energy storage company ViZn Energy Systems appointed Ron Van Dell (pictured) as its president and chief executive officer. As president and CEO of SolarBridge Technologies, Van Dell led the launch of a microinverter for AC Solar Modules. He also served as president and CEO at Primarion (sold to Infineon), president and CEO at Legerity (spin off of Communication Division of AMD), and general manager for Dell Computer’s Dimension Line of Business.
Energi announced that Christopher Lohmann has joined the company as vice president of alternative energy solutions. Previously, Lohmann was a senior finance policy advisor at the Department of Energy, where he led the development of finance policy for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. At Energi, Lohmann will focus on managing the growth of its AES Warranty Programs.
Daintree Networks welcomed two new members to its advisory board: Jon Wellinghoff, former chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and Luca Mazzei, vice president of strategic marketing and product management for John Crane.
The Energy Department’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) has selected 17 leaders to participate in its five-month 2014 Executive Energy Leadership program. At the conclusion of the program, participants will present a viable clean energy project.
2014 Executive Energy Leadership Program Participants
- Gary “Bernie” Bernfeld – City of Austin Electric Utility Commission
- Drew Bolin – Colorado Public Utilities Commission
- Meredith Brooks – FirmGreen
- John David Canney – Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado
- Sean Conboy – Vail Resorts
- Elyse Hottel – City of Boulder
- Ward Lenz – Advanced Energy
- Nellis Kennedy-Howard – Sierra Club
- Adam Knoff – Unico Properties
- Zuhair Mased – University of California, Merced
- Anthony Molinaro, Jr. – Allen & Shariff Engineering
- Michael O’Malley – Xcel Energy
- Deborah Ortega – Denver City Council
- Laura Richardson – The Jordan Institute
- Anturuan Stallworth – Atlantic Coast Energy Corporation
- Penny Whitney – Rocky Mountain Technology Alliance
- Christopher Worley – Colorado Energy Office
Two new account executives have joined the Telkonet sales team. Ana Maria Huertas is based in Miami. She was formerly the hospitality business development manager with Somfy Systems. Sara Pharhadi is based in Dallas and was formerly with Vingcard Elsafe.
Global Clean Energy hired Hakim Zahar as chief scientific officer. Zahar most recently worked with the International Finance Corporation – World Bank Group as program manager to develop a resource efficiency programs in the Southern Hemisphere.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management