Energy Industry Recognition: Hara; Synergy Rewards; SC Johnson
Independent analyst firm Verdantix has recognized Hara as an Energy Management Software Specialist in its report Green Quadrant Energy Management Software (Global) 2013.
The Green Quadrant report compares 14 enterprise-class energy management software applications. The report found that Hara scored highest among its peers for energy reporting and analysis, with best-in-class scores for voluntary reporting and the quality of its dashboard, and achieved high scores for master data management, security and data audit, and carbon reporting and analysis.
Synergy Rewards, a behavior-based energy conservation program being tested by the Pentagon, has been awarded the Sustainable Buildings Industry Council’s Beyond Green Award for its role in reducing energy consumption at the US Army’s Fort Drum.
Synergy Rewards, run by Online-Rewards, incentivizes military families with gift cards, merchandise and other prizes to positively change their energy consumption behavior. Unlike other approaches to energy conservation that can require substantial financial and time investments, this type of behavior-change program is inexpensive, with costs linked to actual improvements.
Since July 2009, more than 4,100 Fort Drum residents have participated in the Synergy Rewards program, resulting in a 9 percent reduction in meter-measured electrical and gas consumption and a 50 percent participation rate. Fort Drum residential energy consumers are rewarded for showing improvement in their consumption patterns and for participating in education quizzes on energy-saving topics.
The independent nonprofit group Renew Wisconsin awarded SC Johnson the Renewable Energy Customer-Generator of the Year honor, specifically citing the company’s achievements in using renewable energy in its global manufacturing operations. In December, SC Johnson’s installed two 415-foot wind turbines at Waxdale, the company’s largest global manufacturing facility in Mt. Pleasant, Wis. The turbines will produce about 8 million kWh of electricity annually.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- How to Reduce Cost by Increasing Accountability for Energy Efficiency
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems