Energy Industry Recognition: Hara; Synergy Rewards; SC Johnson
Independent analyst firm Verdantix has recognized Hara as an Energy Management Software Specialist in its report Green Quadrant Energy Management Software (Global) 2013.
The Green Quadrant report compares 14 enterprise-class energy management software applications. The report found that Hara scored highest among its peers for energy reporting and analysis, with best-in-class scores for voluntary reporting and the quality of its dashboard, and achieved high scores for master data management, security and data audit, and carbon reporting and analysis.
Synergy Rewards, a behavior-based energy conservation program being tested by the Pentagon, has been awarded the Sustainable Buildings Industry Council’s Beyond Green Award for its role in reducing energy consumption at the US Army’s Fort Drum.
Synergy Rewards, run by Online-Rewards, incentivizes military families with gift cards, merchandise and other prizes to positively change their energy consumption behavior. Unlike other approaches to energy conservation that can require substantial financial and time investments, this type of behavior-change program is inexpensive, with costs linked to actual improvements.
Since July 2009, more than 4,100 Fort Drum residents have participated in the Synergy Rewards program, resulting in a 9 percent reduction in meter-measured electrical and gas consumption and a 50 percent participation rate. Fort Drum residential energy consumers are rewarded for showing improvement in their consumption patterns and for participating in education quizzes on energy-saving topics.
The independent nonprofit group Renew Wisconsin awarded SC Johnson the Renewable Energy Customer-Generator of the Year honor, specifically citing the company’s achievements in using renewable energy in its global manufacturing operations. In December, SC Johnson’s installed two 415-foot wind turbines at Waxdale, the company’s largest global manufacturing facility in Mt. Pleasant, Wis. The turbines will produce about 8 million kWh of electricity annually.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management