Energy Industry Recognition: Hara; Synergy Rewards; SC Johnson
Independent analyst firm Verdantix has recognized Hara as an Energy Management Software Specialist in its report Green Quadrant Energy Management Software (Global) 2013.
The Green Quadrant report compares 14 enterprise-class energy management software applications. The report found that Hara scored highest among its peers for energy reporting and analysis, with best-in-class scores for voluntary reporting and the quality of its dashboard, and achieved high scores for master data management, security and data audit, and carbon reporting and analysis.
Synergy Rewards, a behavior-based energy conservation program being tested by the Pentagon, has been awarded the Sustainable Buildings Industry Council’s Beyond Green Award for its role in reducing energy consumption at the US Army’s Fort Drum.
Synergy Rewards, run by Online-Rewards, incentivizes military families with gift cards, merchandise and other prizes to positively change their energy consumption behavior. Unlike other approaches to energy conservation that can require substantial financial and time investments, this type of behavior-change program is inexpensive, with costs linked to actual improvements.
Since July 2009, more than 4,100 Fort Drum residents have participated in the Synergy Rewards program, resulting in a 9 percent reduction in meter-measured electrical and gas consumption and a 50 percent participation rate. Fort Drum residential energy consumers are rewarded for showing improvement in their consumption patterns and for participating in education quizzes on energy-saving topics.
The independent nonprofit group Renew Wisconsin awarded SC Johnson the Renewable Energy Customer-Generator of the Year honor, specifically citing the company’s achievements in using renewable energy in its global manufacturing operations. In December, SC Johnson’s installed two 415-foot wind turbines at Waxdale, the company’s largest global manufacturing facility in Mt. Pleasant, Wis. The turbines will produce about 8 million kWh of electricity annually.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape