Energy Management Checklist, Courtesy of DOE
A Strategic Energy Management Checklist has been created for energy and facility managers to conduct a high-level assessment of their manufacturing facilities’ energy management programs.
To help facilities prepare for ISO 50001 and Superior Energy Performance (SEP) qualification, the US Department of Energy in partnership with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the US Council for Energy-Efficient Manufacturing have come up with the checklist.
DOE says the simple checklist can help managers assess whether their facility should consider ISO 50001 and SEP as a next step or if their organization would benefit more from foundational energy management programs, such as the Energy Star for Buildings & Plants.
The checklist generates a report of ISO 50001 and SEP elements that have been completed and those that remain to be implemented. At the top of the energy management continuum, SEP certification is an incremental step above ISO 50001 as it adds independent verification of energy savings that many corporate operations and finance professionals value in pursuing energy and process improvements.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement