Energy Management China: Hisense Smart Air Conditioner, Johnson Controls Heat Pump
Hisense and Chinese social media site Sina Weibo announced in Beijing the availability of a cross-sector smart air conditioner. The power, temperature and humidity controls for the air conditioner can be controlled and adjusted by instructions sent via a private message over Sina Weibo. To activate, users register a Sina Weibo account for the air conditioner, which is Internet connected. Users then add the account to their Friends List, with scalability to mobile instant messaging tools. The user then initiates a dialogue with the account via Weibo private messages to check the temperature, humidity and other conditions and issue commands, which will be delivered to and executed by the air conditioner. This new smart product is being launched by Hisense Group following the rollout of smart TVs and smart refrigerators. Hisense has production bases in South Africa, Algeria, and Egypt and has sales offices in America, Australia, Japan, and other countries.
Johnson Controls introduced a new commercial heat pump to China – the YORK YSPA Air-to-Water reversible screw. The YSPA’s compact size is targeted for a variety of industries, including shopping malls, hotels and hospitals. The heat pump provides from 175 to 450 tons of cooling capacity and is able to reach an Energy Efficiency Ratio of 3.57. This efficiency level qualifies YSPA for Chinese Energy Level Grade 1, which is an environmental labeling program that provides owners with a 10 percent tax reimbursement. YSPA is able to operate under a wide range of ambient temperature conditions – as low as -11°C for heating and as high as 52°C for cooling. Heat pumps offer an energy-efficient alternative to furnaces and boilers by using electricity to move heat rather than generate heat.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room