Energy Management Firm Partners with Telecommunications Provider
Magnum Energy Solutions, a manufacturer of wireless, self-powered energy management, is partnering with Florida-based telecommunications company PDI Communications.
Established in 1986, PDI Communications provides reception, control and transmission of cable and satellite services. As an operator for 2,600 properties under contract, primarily hotels and residential complexes, PDI is now able to provide clients with smart building solutions.
PDI says since it is already a provider for DIRECTV services to hotels and multi-dwelling units, building automation and controls are a natural extension to these services.
For its part, core verticals for Magnum Energy include hospitality, higher education, retail, restaurants as well as commercial and residential, with growth toward energy-focused building retrofits. Magnum Energy says its secure software platform allows for either turnkey or stand-alone building retrofits, as well as the ability to interface with existing building automation systems to monitor, configure and control lighting, HVAC and plug loads. Magnum Energy’s energy management does not require any wiring or batteries.
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 9 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems