Energy Management Saves Office Depot 2.2M Annually
Irvine, Calif.-based Phoenix Energy Technologies released a case study that shows results of energy saving upgrades at Office Depot. The office supply chain has realized average annual energy savings of $2.2 million, coming from 20,572,352 fewer kWh used. The return on investment was 61 percent, and the simple payback was 12 months.
The companies first collaborated in May of 2010. The office supplier at the time was manually monitoring facilities and struggling to manage its existing energy management systems. Office Depot was unable to consolidate data and achieve enterprise-wide visibility into its energy usage and systems’ operations at the unit and load level. Manual consolidation of information was time consuming and analyzing the data to determine the appropriate corrective actions was unworkable.
With PhoenixET’s energy management solution, Office Depot gained enterprise visibility, actionable information and improved performance for its building portfolio of 1,100 locations.
First, PhoenixET’s software platform, EnterpriseDX was engaged, without a need for new hardware or a site visit. EnterpriseDX was able to access, consolidate and validate over 300,000 data points in less than six weeks.
PhoenixET’s analytics team was able to upgrade energy and facility maintenance management strategies. The team honed in on energy outliers and system inefficiencies utilizing building baselines, benchmarks, models and fault detection and diagnostics tools to deliver results.
Since the integration of the PhoenixET complete energy management solution, Office Depot has seen energy and facility maintenance savings, operational efficiencies and customer comfort.
PhoenixET says it will continue to pursue even better performance. By using advanced energy modeling and simulation capabilities, Phoenix will soon begin to deploy capabilities to allow Office Depot’s buildings to adjust set points and schedules based on changing weather, schedule or energy market conditions.
Photo credit: runchadrun′s Flickr photostream
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds