Energy Management Saves Office Depot 2.2M Annually
Irvine, Calif.-based Phoenix Energy Technologies released a case study that shows results of energy saving upgrades at Office Depot. The office supply chain has realized average annual energy savings of $2.2 million, coming from 20,572,352 fewer kWh used. The return on investment was 61 percent, and the simple payback was 12 months.
The companies first collaborated in May of 2010. The office supplier at the time was manually monitoring facilities and struggling to manage its existing energy management systems. Office Depot was unable to consolidate data and achieve enterprise-wide visibility into its energy usage and systems’ operations at the unit and load level. Manual consolidation of information was time consuming and analyzing the data to determine the appropriate corrective actions was unworkable.
With PhoenixET’s energy management solution, Office Depot gained enterprise visibility, actionable information and improved performance for its building portfolio of 1,100 locations.
First, PhoenixET’s software platform, EnterpriseDX was engaged, without a need for new hardware or a site visit. EnterpriseDX was able to access, consolidate and validate over 300,000 data points in less than six weeks.
PhoenixET’s analytics team was able to upgrade energy and facility maintenance management strategies. The team honed in on energy outliers and system inefficiencies utilizing building baselines, benchmarks, models and fault detection and diagnostics tools to deliver results.
Since the integration of the PhoenixET complete energy management solution, Office Depot has seen energy and facility maintenance savings, operational efficiencies and customer comfort.
PhoenixET says it will continue to pursue even better performance. By using advanced energy modeling and simulation capabilities, Phoenix will soon begin to deploy capabilities to allow Office Depot’s buildings to adjust set points and schedules based on changing weather, schedule or energy market conditions.
Photo credit: runchadrun′s Flickr photostream
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management