Energy Management Vendors Court Utilities
The Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) and Portland Energy Conservation (PECI) documented energy management and information systems (EMIS) features that could support future utility programs and energy efficiency financial transactions.
For their report Inventory of Commercial Energy Management and Information Systems (EMIS) for M&V Applications, the partners studied 14 EMIS products that can support utility programs and financial transactions for energy efficiency.
The 14 vendors and their EMIS are:
- Cascade Energy; Sensei
- Elster EnergyICT; EIServer Platform
- Energent; Energent
- EnergyCAP; EnergyCAP Enterprise
- EnergyRM; DeltaMeter
- EnerNOC; Efficiency Smart Insight
- eSight Energy; eSight Energy
- FirstFuel; Rapid Building Assessment
- Johnson Controls; Energy Performance Monitor
- MACH Energy; MACH Asset Manager
- Noesis; Noesis
- NorthWrite; Energy Worksite
- Pulse; Energy Manager
- Retroficiency; Virtual Energy Assessment (VEA), Automated Energy Audit (AEA)
The researchers found that measurement and verification (M&V) features are, for the most part, aligning with utility needs.
Half of the EMIS in the inventory have several (three or more) utility pilots. Vendors of tools with active utility pilots tended to identify utilities as their primary target market (Pulse, Retroficiency, and FirstFuel), or their tools were developed by energy efficiency professionals who sought to introduce analytical capabilities (EnerNOC and Cascade Energy).
Other vendors who had originally targeted building owners/managers now report actively pursuing utility pilots. This focus on the utility market has resulted in the development of EMIS features to potentially meet utilities’ needs. In particular, the M&V methodologies are becoming more transparent.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal