Energy Management Vendors Court Utilities
The Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) and Portland Energy Conservation (PECI) documented energy management and information systems (EMIS) features that could support future utility programs and energy efficiency financial transactions.
For their report Inventory of Commercial Energy Management and Information Systems (EMIS) for M&V Applications, the partners studied 14 EMIS products that can support utility programs and financial transactions for energy efficiency.
The 14 vendors and their EMIS are:
- Cascade Energy; Sensei
- Elster EnergyICT; EIServer Platform
- Energent; Energent
- EnergyCAP; EnergyCAP Enterprise
- EnergyRM; DeltaMeter
- EnerNOC; Efficiency Smart Insight
- eSight Energy; eSight Energy
- FirstFuel; Rapid Building Assessment
- Johnson Controls; Energy Performance Monitor
- MACH Energy; MACH Asset Manager
- Noesis; Noesis
- NorthWrite; Energy Worksite
- Pulse; Energy Manager
- Retroficiency; Virtual Energy Assessment (VEA), Automated Energy Audit (AEA)
The researchers found that measurement and verification (M&V) features are, for the most part, aligning with utility needs.
Half of the EMIS in the inventory have several (three or more) utility pilots. Vendors of tools with active utility pilots tended to identify utilities as their primary target market (Pulse, Retroficiency, and FirstFuel), or their tools were developed by energy efficiency professionals who sought to introduce analytical capabilities (EnerNOC and Cascade Energy).
Other vendors who had originally targeted building owners/managers now report actively pursuing utility pilots. This focus on the utility market has resulted in the development of EMIS features to potentially meet utilities’ needs. In particular, the M&V methodologies are becoming more transparent.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems