Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
Energy Manager Today announces the winners of the first annual Energy Manager Today Awards, a program recognizing excellence in products and services that provide companies with significant energy management benefits, or in projects implemented by companies that improved energy management and increased the bottom line. You can download the report here.
The following companies won Product of the Year Awards:
- Adobe/Stem Energy Storage
- Big Ass Solutions
- Blue Pillar
- EnergyCAP Inc.
- Green Charge Networks
- Hyster Company
- Lennox International
- Meazon SA
- NexRev Inc.
- Panoramic Power
- Schneider Electric
Project of the Year Award winners are:
- ABM Government Services
- Big Ass Solutions
- Daintree Networks
- Digital Lumens
- Ensight Pty. Ltd.
- FirstFuel Software
- Powerhouse Dynamics
- Saint-Gobain Corporation
“The program excited us with the level of variety and innovation we saw in its first year,” says Paul Nastu, publisher of Energy Manager Today parent company Business Sector Media. “Our judges were impressed by both the number of submissions and the caliber of the entries, and they enjoyed seeing the broad spectrum of how energy reductions and savings are being achieved.”
Energy management is a cutting-edge field in which to be operating today; the winners here prove that innovations are opening up vast new areas of potential for improvement, and that companies are capitalizing on those opportunities in exciting and impressive ways. The innovations here show that the positives to be gleaned from successful energy management strategies are endless, and endlessly varied. Entries that were awarded Top Product or Project of the Year are those that the judges feel should be carefully considered by companies seeking to improve their own operations in a similar manner.
Like the Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards, the Energy Manager Today Awards scores were determined by a panel of independent judges, including:
- Paul Blagbrough, VP Environmental Stewardship Department, MUFG Union Bank
- Jay M. Dietrich, PE, Distinguished Engineer, Energy and Climate Stewardship, IBM
- Jody East, Plant Engineer, Wellborn Cabinet Inc.
- Bill Eger, PE, CPM, LEED, Energy Manager, City of Alexandria, VA
- Jonathan Herz, LEED, Acting Co-director, Real Property Strategy Team, Real Estate and Logistics Portfolio, US Dept. of Health & Human Services
- George Holcombe, Senior Manager, Environmental Sustainability Office, CapitalOne
- Luke Leung, LEED Fellow, Director, Skidmore Owings & Merrill
- Jeff Mahoney, Manager Real Time Data Management, Accenture
- Kevin Sok, Manager, Engineering & Sustainability, COX Enterprises, Inc.
- Rob Threlkeld, Global Manager of Renewable Energy, General Motors
- Al Zucco, Sr., Director, Energy & Sustainability, USG Corporation
With rapid advancements and a continuous rate of change in the field, energy professionals have a notoriously difficult time knowing what products to choose to help their companies increase energy savings and improve energy performance. The Energy Manager Today Awards give companies a solid base of products, vetted by experts, from which to choose, as well as a variety of projects to illustrate how successful initiatives in energy management are helping companies improve.
For more award opportunities, watch for Business Sector Media’s call for entries for our annual Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards early in the New Year, then join us at our Environmental Leader 2016 conference in June when we announce the winners in our first-ever live awards event.
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation