Energy Managers Can Tap ‘Free Cooling’
For building operators who want to use free cooling, also known as water-side economizing, in order to reduce overall energy consumption in chiller plant systems, Optimum Energy debuted Predictive Free Cooling.
The Predictive Free Cooling software module is available for purchase as an add-on to Optimum Energy’s OptiCx Platform subscriptions.
Predictive Free Cooling takes weather forecast data and informs building operators that free cooling is available. This process can occur automatically with OptimumLOOP, triggering free cooling mode on and off without operator intervention: this choice is up to the customer.
Predictive Free Cooling is configurable, based on site-specific needs to allow for both the outside air wet bulb threshold and the minimum free cooling window period to be adjusted. Monthly reports provide visibility into past free cooling hours available, free cooling hours activated and free cooling hours missed.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement