Energy Managers Can Tap ‘Free Cooling’
For building operators who want to use free cooling, also known as water-side economizing, in order to reduce overall energy consumption in chiller plant systems, Optimum Energy debuted Predictive Free Cooling.
The Predictive Free Cooling software module is available for purchase as an add-on to Optimum Energy’s OptiCx Platform subscriptions.
Predictive Free Cooling takes weather forecast data and informs building operators that free cooling is available. This process can occur automatically with OptimumLOOP, triggering free cooling mode on and off without operator intervention: this choice is up to the customer.
Predictive Free Cooling is configurable, based on site-specific needs to allow for both the outside air wet bulb threshold and the minimum free cooling window period to be adjusted. Monthly reports provide visibility into past free cooling hours available, free cooling hours activated and free cooling hours missed.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards