Energy Managers Can Tap ‘Free Cooling’
For building operators who want to use free cooling, also known as water-side economizing, in order to reduce overall energy consumption in chiller plant systems, Optimum Energy debuted Predictive Free Cooling.
The Predictive Free Cooling software module is available for purchase as an add-on to Optimum Energy’s OptiCx Platform subscriptions.
Predictive Free Cooling takes weather forecast data and informs building operators that free cooling is available. This process can occur automatically with OptimumLOOP, triggering free cooling mode on and off without operator intervention: this choice is up to the customer.
Predictive Free Cooling is configurable, based on site-specific needs to allow for both the outside air wet bulb threshold and the minimum free cooling window period to be adjusted. Monthly reports provide visibility into past free cooling hours available, free cooling hours activated and free cooling hours missed.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year