Energy Managers Can Tap ‘Free Cooling’
For building operators who want to use free cooling, also known as water-side economizing, in order to reduce overall energy consumption in chiller plant systems, Optimum Energy debuted Predictive Free Cooling.
The Predictive Free Cooling software module is available for purchase as an add-on to Optimum Energy’s OptiCx Platform subscriptions.
Predictive Free Cooling takes weather forecast data and informs building operators that free cooling is available. This process can occur automatically with OptimumLOOP, triggering free cooling mode on and off without operator intervention: this choice is up to the customer.
Predictive Free Cooling is configurable, based on site-specific needs to allow for both the outside air wet bulb threshold and the minimum free cooling window period to be adjusted. Monthly reports provide visibility into past free cooling hours available, free cooling hours activated and free cooling hours missed.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- The Sustainable Edge™
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?