Energy Managers Can Tap ‘Free Cooling’
For building operators who want to use free cooling, also known as water-side economizing, in order to reduce overall energy consumption in chiller plant systems, Optimum Energy debuted Predictive Free Cooling.
The Predictive Free Cooling software module is available for purchase as an add-on to Optimum Energy’s OptiCx Platform subscriptions.
Predictive Free Cooling takes weather forecast data and informs building operators that free cooling is available. This process can occur automatically with OptimumLOOP, triggering free cooling mode on and off without operator intervention: this choice is up to the customer.
Predictive Free Cooling is configurable, based on site-specific needs to allow for both the outside air wet bulb threshold and the minimum free cooling window period to be adjusted. Monthly reports provide visibility into past free cooling hours available, free cooling hours activated and free cooling hours missed.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year