Energy Managers Can Tap ‘Free Cooling’
For building operators who want to use free cooling, also known as water-side economizing, in order to reduce overall energy consumption in chiller plant systems, Optimum Energy debuted Predictive Free Cooling.
The Predictive Free Cooling software module is available for purchase as an add-on to Optimum Energy’s OptiCx Platform subscriptions.
Predictive Free Cooling takes weather forecast data and informs building operators that free cooling is available. This process can occur automatically with OptimumLOOP, triggering free cooling mode on and off without operator intervention: this choice is up to the customer.
Predictive Free Cooling is configurable, based on site-specific needs to allow for both the outside air wet bulb threshold and the minimum free cooling window period to be adjusted. Monthly reports provide visibility into past free cooling hours available, free cooling hours activated and free cooling hours missed.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation