Energy Managers Not Tapping into Third Party Financing
According to Noesis Energy’ second annual energy projects survey, 48 percent of surveyed energy managers – despite the fact that they said 64 percent of their projects do not get approved because of lack of budget – never include options for third party financing.
For surveyed project developers, 30 percent never include third party financing, 47 percent sometimes include third party financing, and only 23 percent always include it as an option. In summary, many projects are not getting approved because there’s no budget, but those proposing the projects are not offering alternative ways to fund them.
For those who responded that they never include options for third party finance, 56 percent of project developers said it was because they didn’t know enough about it. Conversely, for energy managers, they cited ‘no need’ for not including it, implying they only funded out of internal capital budgets.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards