Energy Managers Not Tapping into Third Party Financing
According to Noesis Energy’ second annual energy projects survey, 48 percent of surveyed energy managers – despite the fact that they said 64 percent of their projects do not get approved because of lack of budget – never include options for third party financing.
For surveyed project developers, 30 percent never include third party financing, 47 percent sometimes include third party financing, and only 23 percent always include it as an option. In summary, many projects are not getting approved because there’s no budget, but those proposing the projects are not offering alternative ways to fund them.
For those who responded that they never include options for third party finance, 56 percent of project developers said it was because they didn’t know enough about it. Conversely, for energy managers, they cited ‘no need’ for not including it, implying they only funded out of internal capital budgets.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book