Energy Managers Not Tapping into Third Party Financing
According to Noesis Energy’ second annual energy projects survey, 48 percent of surveyed energy managers – despite the fact that they said 64 percent of their projects do not get approved because of lack of budget – never include options for third party financing.
For surveyed project developers, 30 percent never include third party financing, 47 percent sometimes include third party financing, and only 23 percent always include it as an option. In summary, many projects are not getting approved because there’s no budget, but those proposing the projects are not offering alternative ways to fund them.
For those who responded that they never include options for third party finance, 56 percent of project developers said it was because they didn’t know enough about it. Conversely, for energy managers, they cited ‘no need’ for not including it, implying they only funded out of internal capital budgets.
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation