Energy Measurement Tool Offered for Free
Power Assure is making its software that measures the energy efficiency of servers available for download and use entirely free of charge.
The patented PAR4 Measurement Tool allows hardware vendors to publish independent energy efficiency figures for their servers. PAR4 measurements also can be used to place equipment to the right rack and location in a data center without risk of overloading circuits but maximizing the amount of equipment placed into each rack.
Asked how much the free version of the PAR4 tool is worth, Pete Malcolm, president and CEO of Power Assure, said, “The value is in what the Measurement Tool can do for improving efficiency in the data center, more than an absolute value of the tool. However as a comparison, PAR4 certification carries a one-time fee of $3,000 per server, while an annual license for the Benchmarking Tool, which provides for unlimited automated testing across multiple servers, and includes professional measurement hardware, runs $50,000 plus.”
To obtain PAR4 measurement results, organizations and individuals only need to provide a plug-in power meter, widely available for less than $20. Power Assure says making this technology widely available will help move the industry faster toward running more efficient servers and data centers and ultimately it will drive a greater adoption of its extended PAR4 offerings.
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Combined Heat and Power