Energy Measurement Tool Offered for Free
Power Assure is making its software that measures the energy efficiency of servers available for download and use entirely free of charge.
The patented PAR4 Measurement Tool allows hardware vendors to publish independent energy efficiency figures for their servers. PAR4 measurements also can be used to place equipment to the right rack and location in a data center without risk of overloading circuits but maximizing the amount of equipment placed into each rack.
Asked how much the free version of the PAR4 tool is worth, Pete Malcolm, president and CEO of Power Assure, said, “The value is in what the Measurement Tool can do for improving efficiency in the data center, more than an absolute value of the tool. However as a comparison, PAR4 certification carries a one-time fee of $3,000 per server, while an annual license for the Benchmarking Tool, which provides for unlimited automated testing across multiple servers, and includes professional measurement hardware, runs $50,000 plus.”
To obtain PAR4 measurement results, organizations and individuals only need to provide a plug-in power meter, widely available for less than $20. Power Assure says making this technology widely available will help move the industry faster toward running more efficient servers and data centers and ultimately it will drive a greater adoption of its extended PAR4 offerings.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls