Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
Join ConEdison Solutions, DN Tanks, Haynes and Boone, LLP and Energy Manager Today for an energy management webinar on Wednesday, March 20, 2013, at 11 a.m. PST/2 p.m. EST.
Today’s energy managers have the opportunity to maximize the value of their energy investments by developing comprehensive and integrated energy management strategies. This exclusive webinar will offer a fresh perspective on the latest trends and applications in Demand Response and Energy Audits to help decision makers understand how they can most effectively achieve energy optimization. You will hear from experts on the most recent regulatory changes influencing Demand Response, Thermal Storage applications and the benefits of a world class energy audit.
Over the next 3-4 years, up to 30 percent of all coal-fired units in the US are expected to be retired, due to low natural gas prices and economically prohibitive environmental retrofit requirements. Several major nuclear plants also could be retired. This steep decline in base load generation is expected to significantly reduce reserve margins in many regions of the country, increasing the importance of Demand Side Management (DSM) – both as a means of replacing lost generation and to protect end use customers against the potential for severe price spikes during periods of peak demand. The future ground-rules for DSM, however, are still a subject of intense debate, creating significant uncertainties for energy users eager to take advantage of DSM.
Andrew Weissman, Haynes and Boone, LLP’s Senior Energy Advisor, will address several of the most important issues pertaining to DSM, including:
- How tight capacity and low natural gas prices are likely to affect pricing for DSM;
- Potential changes in FERC policy and ISO rules; and
- The role of DSM in reducing emissions of greenhouse gases.
An energy audit is perhaps the most important step in formulating a plan to efficiently use energy and monitor consumption. This webinar will focus on what a comprehensive energy audit should entail, the different components of an energy audit, and the benefits of an energy audit for you and your facility. An overview of the important steps leading up to an energy audit will be reviewed as well as how to examine and understand the results of the audit. Included in the presentations will be potential pitfalls that an energy/facility manager or building owner needs to be aware of throughout the audit process.
Guy Frankenfield, DN Tanks’ Manager of TES & Biofuel Tanks, will discuss the concept of Thermal Energy Storage (TES) systems as well as an application of TES, the financial benefits of TES and a case study involving a TES project. For over 30 years, TES systems have proven to be a cost effective and reliable technology that permanently shifts the electric load of chilled water district cooling plants from peak period to off-peak period. Engineers and owners in both regulated and de-regulated utility markets continue to apply TES tanks to new or existing chilled water systems creating economic benefits for their facilities.
During the final segment of the webinar, Anthony Spera, ConEdison Solutions’ National Director of Sales for Energy Services will discuss several points including:
- Essential data you need to have before the start of an audit;
- Choosing the right consultant/company/internal personnel to perform the audit;
- How to review your results; and
- The next steps to take after you receive the results.
For more information, speaker bios and to register, click here.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing