Energy Points Expands Energy Star Benchmarking
Energy Points is partnering with Energy Star to provide its business customers with a benchmark for all energy resources, not just electricity.
Through this partnership, businesses will receive their energy efficiency score – which measures electricity use as well as an energy resource sustainability score that takes into account:
- Regional impact of how energy is generated (coal, hydro, solar, etc.)
- Scarcity of resources on a local level (water)
- Renewable energy use as part of the broader energy profile
Every Energy Points customer that is using Energy Star portfolio manager can link the two systems and receive all the scores and ratings at no extra cost.
With the EPA’s Energy Star program, facility managers enter historical billing data and building details and receive a score between 1 and 100 that indicates the relative energy efficiency of that building. For example, a score of 85 indicates that a particular building is operating more efficiently than 85 percent of its peers.
Energy Points adds insight to the Energy Star score by helping managers understand the relative efficiency of all resources and regional pricing. Using electricity as an example, an Energy Points efficiency score of 85 indicates that production in a specific location is more efficient, sustainable and risk averse than 85 percent of other regions, while a score of 25 results from inefficient, unsustainable and risk-prone fuel sources such as coal.
Scores for regional electricity prices are also available. Combining the scoring systems, building owners can optimize the performance of efficiency projects by focusing their efforts on the buildings that are least efficient and are located in regions where electricity generation is unsustainable and expensive.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?