Energy Points Expands Energy Star Benchmarking
Energy Points is partnering with Energy Star to provide its business customers with a benchmark for all energy resources, not just electricity.
Through this partnership, businesses will receive their energy efficiency score – which measures electricity use as well as an energy resource sustainability score that takes into account:
- Regional impact of how energy is generated (coal, hydro, solar, etc.)
- Scarcity of resources on a local level (water)
- Renewable energy use as part of the broader energy profile
Every Energy Points customer that is using Energy Star portfolio manager can link the two systems and receive all the scores and ratings at no extra cost.
With the EPA’s Energy Star program, facility managers enter historical billing data and building details and receive a score between 1 and 100 that indicates the relative energy efficiency of that building. For example, a score of 85 indicates that a particular building is operating more efficiently than 85 percent of its peers.
Energy Points adds insight to the Energy Star score by helping managers understand the relative efficiency of all resources and regional pricing. Using electricity as an example, an Energy Points efficiency score of 85 indicates that production in a specific location is more efficient, sustainable and risk averse than 85 percent of other regions, while a score of 25 results from inefficient, unsustainable and risk-prone fuel sources such as coal.
Scores for regional electricity prices are also available. Combining the scoring systems, building owners can optimize the performance of efficiency projects by focusing their efforts on the buildings that are least efficient and are located in regions where electricity generation is unsustainable and expensive.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management