Energy Tariff Policies ‘Hurting UK Pubs’
Andrew Wilson, Enterprise’s business process transformation manager, made the claims in front of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Energy Costs, reports The Publican’s Morning Advertiser.
Wilson said that while government statistics show that between 2007 and 2012 electricity prices for small businesses rose around 30 percent and gas prices for small businesses rose 65 percent, energy company policies have exacerbated the problem for pub owners and managers, which are also known as landlords or publicans.
The lack of tariff consistency and cost transparency in UK utility bills has rendered it “almost completely impossible” for landlords to make meaningful price comparisons, Wilson said.
The problem is particularly bad for pub landlords as they typically have limited time and resources in which to deal with these issues, Wilson said.
Making it easier to switch suppliers would be one way to help level the playing field, Wilson said. making it possible for a supplier switch to occur in a “matter of days rather than weeks” would help in this regard, Wilson said.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management