Energy Ratings Council Forms for Fenestration Attachments
Fenestration attachments are a way to reduce energy use in buildings. DOE has awarded WCMA cost-shared funding to develop a certification and rating program for residential and commercial fenestration attachment products.
To that end, WCMA has established the AERC, which will design and administer a new energy rating and certification program for the fenestration attachment products. AERC will gather market and technical data that will be used to develop credible rating, certification, labeling, and performance verification procedures that will be adopted by the window attachments industry.
During the next 4 years, the AERC will:
- Prioritize which product types and performance indices it will produce.
- Characterize the key material properties of window attachment products (i.e. transmittance, reflectance, and emissivity).
- Conduct product performance simulations.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management