Energy Retailer Offers Demand Response for Commercial, Industrial Customers
Retail energy provider GDF SUEZ Energy Resources launched VRewards, a free, voluntary demand response program that gives commercial and industrial customers the ability to reduce power consumption during periods of peak demand.
Customers of GDF SUEZ Energy Resources whose peak demand ranges between 500 kW and 3 MW of electricity per month are automatically eligible to participate. Businesses can enroll through an online form, which also provides access to advanced weather and price forecasting tools.
Customers enrolled in VRewards receive advance notice in the morning of when a peak event is forecast to occur along with an estimate of how long it will last. Participation is voluntary, allowing enrolled consumers to adjust consumption through a range of methods – from turning off non-critical systems to changing the thermostat – that support their particular business objectives. In addition to cost savings from reduced energy usage, VRewards gives customers a credit of up to $500 for every megawatt hour of energy they are able to reduce during a peak event.
The only requirements are that businesses have a fixed-price contract and an interval or smart meter. No equipment, technology, software, regulatory programs, new contracts, or changes to existing agreements are necessary to participate.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- There’s Money in the Trash