Energy Risk Management Software Options
Earlier this month, research firm IDC published a report titled Worldwide Energy Trading and Risk Management Software 2015 Vendor Assessment. The report, based on IDC’s MarketScape model for assessing vendors, offers an analysis of software products targeted to energy buyers and traders. The study combines both quantitative and qualitative methods for assessing vendors and characterizing energy software vendors.
While these software packages focus specifically on energy buying and trading, other software packages focus more broadly on other ways to manage energy risk. For example, RealEstateRama reported on March 31 that Energy Budgets at Risk (EBaR) software applies risk management principles to energy efficiency and demand response investments. The Excel add-on is designed to provide a quantitative assessment risk from energy management measures and, based on this data, recommend which measures will make for sound investments.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future