Energy Savings Calculator for LEDs, CFLs
Internet lighting retailer 1000Bulbs.com has created an energy savings calculator to accompany all compact fluorescent and LED lamps on its website.
Earlier this year, the last phase-out of general service incandescent bulbs enforced by the Energy and Independence Security Act of 2007 took effect. Due to incandescent bulbs no longer being produced by manufacturers, the demand for energy-efficient lighting that meets EISA standards is growing rapidly.
When customers are shopping for LEDs or CFLs on the 1000Bulbs.com website, they can access the Energy Savings Calculator for each individual product by clicking on that product.
The calculator uses the wattage of the individual CFL or LED replacement, the wattage of its incandescent equivalent, the number of bulbs being replaced, and the rate charged per kilowatt-hour, and computes the amount customers can expect to save over the life of a single CFL or LED.
For customers who are looking for more in-depth savings analysis, the calculator can be expanded to show the total kilowatts and kilowatt hours saved per year, the total amount saved on energy costs per year, and the number of months before they can expect a payback on their investment. This Energy Savings/ROI calculator features customizable fields that can be adjusted to accommodate each client’s unique lighting needs and specifications.
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software