Energy Savings Project Saves Kentucky School District $75K
Ameresco has started an Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) project with the Bath County Board of Education in Kentucky. The $1.88 million project is expected to save the school district nearly $75,000 annually in energy and operational costs. It includes traditional and non-traditional energy conservation measures across seven facilities, spanning 295,735 square feet.
As part of the energy savings contract, Ameresco will implement lighting upgrades and renovations, water retrofits, vending machine controls, mechanical and HVAC upgrades, building automation system enhancements and building envelope upgrades. The project also includes a behavior change educational component, an energy tracking system and a utility dashboard.
Ameresco was originally selected through a competitive RFP process to audit and assess Bath County School’s facilities, enabling it to uncover and reinvest energy cost savings back into its facilities.
Ameresco’s energy savings performance contract financing model enables budget-neutral energy efficiency upgrades by guaranteeing a minimum level of energy savings over the term of the contract and that the savings from the project will exceed the cost for the project. For the contract with the Bath County Board of Education, Ameresco coordinated the upfront project costs, and the district will repay that investment with their energy savings over time.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement