Energy Source Provides LEDs to WNA
Revolution Lighting Technologies’ division Energy Source announced that it has retrofitted two facilities for tableware manufacturer WNA with LEDs. The expected energy savings is 1 million kWh and $110,000 annually. Energy Source, as a NationalGrid Project Expeditor, received $400,000 in incentives. This reduced payback to one year.
The two facilities, in Chelmsford, MA, occupy a total of 400,000 square feet. The four-week project covered interiors and exterior egress to parking areas. The system now has intelligent controls, so lighting can be programmed and operated remotely, according to Energy Source. The lighting is stronger than the legacy system, is fully dimmable and requires no warm up time.
The well documented movement toward LEDs has ramifications in the boardroom. Custom LED manufacturer Noribachi and Samsung have established a partnership. Noribachi will use Samsung’s LED components and technology in its Bespoke Engineered and Specifically Tailored (BEST) LED product strategy. The release specifically mentioned Samsung’s LH351B LED package as a likely part of the collaboration.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Combined Heat and Power
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future