Energy Star Honors Bestowed
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE), through the Energy Star program, have commended 149 organizations in 35 states. The story from at the DoE website gives special mention to Beazer Homes USA; Pella Corp.; Verizon; General Motors; Ivey Residential; DirecTV; The Home Depot and The Kenton County School District in Kentucky.
The story says that 93 organizations were given “Sustained Excellence” honors, 47 were given partner of the year titles, six were Climate Communicators and three received “recognition for demonstrating outstanding promotion of energy-efficient products, homes, or buildings.” Energy Star has 16,000 partners, including manufacturers, retailers, schools, hospitals, release estate companies and home builders, according to the story.
Computerworld reports that the EPA is revising the Energy specification for servers. The goal is to account for what the story calls “significant system design changes.”
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management