Energy Storage Company Bankrupt
Energy storage company Xtreme Power has filed bankruptcy petitions in Texas as it seeks to find a buyer. The voluntary Chapter 11 petition was filed the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas.
The company’s core engineering, project development and operations staff will remain in place during this process.
Alan Gotcher, Xtreme Power CEO, said that the company’s general creditors will provide the necessary financing, including debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing, to enable the search for an appropriate acquirer to proceed. The filing was structured to allow one of the company’s creditors to file a stalking horse bid for the company. The company is seeking a superior stalking horse bid by February 28th, with a subsequent bankruptcy auction.
“We are very pleased with the steps taken by our general creditors that are supporting our Chapter 11 process and ultimate sale of the company,” Gotcher said in a statement.
The company is in partnerships with GE Energy Storage, Samsung SDI and Duke Energy. Any acquirer would be free and clear of liabilities.
Gotcher said that the company’s strong pipeline should be very attractive to potential buyers. The company has 12 projects in the field accounting for 60 MW of grid-scale installations, ranging from 1MW up to 36 MW.
Xtreme Power’s operational experience includes more than 34,100 MWh charged and discharged over 472,200 hours of integrated power unit operation. Xtreme Power has already built the largest energy storage system of its kind for Duke Energy’s Notrees wind energy farm in Texas, and has operations spanning from the Hawaiian Islands to the South Pole.
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement