Energy Storage Company Buys Quallion for $30M
EnerSys, which provides industrial companies with stored energy products, has agreed to pay $30 million to acquire Quallion, a manufacturer of lithium ion cells and batteries.
Headquartered in Sylmar, Calif., Quallion’s products include lithium ion cells and batteries for diverse applications including medical devices, defense, aviation and space. The acquisition provides EnerSys with an entry into the medical device battery markets for both implantable and external devices, according to EnerSys.
In addition, EnerSys says with the United States government’s Title III investment of $65 million in Quallion’s cathode and anode production equipment, the company will have the capability to produce lithium ion materials for satellite batteries, making EnerSys “the largest domestic provider of battery technology to the space industry.”
EnerSys manufactures and distributes reserve power and motive power batteries, chargers, power equipment, and battery accessories. Motive power batteries are used in electric fork trucks and other commercial electric powered vehicles. Reserve power batteries are used in the telecommunications and utility industries, uninterruptible power supplies and numerous applications requiring standby power.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds