Energy Storage Facility Online in the U.K.
The United Kingdom’s largest battery array is now online, according to Business Green.
AES UK & Ireland said that its Kilroot Advancion Energy Storage Array in Northern Ireland is now available for Harmonised Ancillary Services provision, the story said. The capacity of the facility is 10 MW. The plan is to eventually offer 100 MW of storage at the plant, which is adjacent to the Kilroot Power Station. Savings could reach £8.5m and reduce carbon emissions by 123,000 tons annually, the story said.
The 10MW array will officially open next month. It will be used by the government-backed Innovative UK Energy Catalyst to study the effectiveness of grid scale energy storage systems, the story said.
The U.S. added more than 100 MW of energy storage capacity during the first nine months of 2015, according to GTM Research. More than 60 MW of the new capacity was added during the third quarter, according to a report on the findings at pv-magazine.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Combined Heat and Power
- There’s Money in the Trash