Energy Storage Firm Gets $20M Venture Debt Loan
Trinity Capital Investment and CapX Partners closed a $20 million venture debt loan to meet the existing and future debt financing needs of Aquion Energy, an early stage energy storage company with a proprietary battery technology.
In January 2014, Aquion closed a $55 million Series D round of equity funding to continue the commercialization of its Aqueous Hybrid Ion (AHI) battery technology. The equity funding was provided by new investors including, Bill Gates, Yung’s Enterprise, Tao Invest, Bright Capital, and Gentry Venture Partners, bringing the company’s total invested capital and grants to more than $100 million.
Aquion’s battery technology has been developed for off-grid and micro-grid, energy management, and grid-scale storage applications.
Trinity and CapX partnered together to deliver a $20 million credit facility that includes an interest-only period to assist Aquion with its cash flow and continued commercialization of its energy solutions while providing the flexibility for additional debt capital in the future.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management