Energy Storage Milestone Reached
AES Energy Storage’s fleet of advanced grid storage surpassed 1.5 million MWh of delivered service in the U.S. and Chile.
AES has deployed and now operates and maintains a fleet of 174 MW of battery-based controllable resources. These resources play critical roles in grid reliability for customers by providing active grid balancing and reserves.
“With more than 1,000 MW of storage capacity targeted for procurement in California alone, we are encouraged to see grid storage growing in markets around the world,” said Chris Shelton, President, AES Energy Storage.
AES now offers utilities complete battery-based alternatives for resource adequacy and advanced reserves. Our most recent offering is a 4th-generation design incorporating learning from more than five years of deployment, operations, and maintenance experience.
This month AES entered its sixth year of commercial service from advanced battery arrays.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management