Energy Storage Milestone Reached
AES Energy Storage’s fleet of advanced grid storage surpassed 1.5 million MWh of delivered service in the U.S. and Chile.
AES has deployed and now operates and maintains a fleet of 174 MW of battery-based controllable resources. These resources play critical roles in grid reliability for customers by providing active grid balancing and reserves.
“With more than 1,000 MW of storage capacity targeted for procurement in California alone, we are encouraged to see grid storage growing in markets around the world,” said Chris Shelton, President, AES Energy Storage.
AES now offers utilities complete battery-based alternatives for resource adequacy and advanced reserves. Our most recent offering is a 4th-generation design incorporating learning from more than five years of deployment, operations, and maintenance experience.
This month AES entered its sixth year of commercial service from advanced battery arrays.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Combined Heat and Power
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies