Energy Storage Milestone Reached
AES Energy Storage’s fleet of advanced grid storage surpassed 1.5 million MWh of delivered service in the U.S. and Chile.
AES has deployed and now operates and maintains a fleet of 174 MW of battery-based controllable resources. These resources play critical roles in grid reliability for customers by providing active grid balancing and reserves.
“With more than 1,000 MW of storage capacity targeted for procurement in California alone, we are encouraged to see grid storage growing in markets around the world,” said Chris Shelton, President, AES Energy Storage.
AES now offers utilities complete battery-based alternatives for resource adequacy and advanced reserves. Our most recent offering is a 4th-generation design incorporating learning from more than five years of deployment, operations, and maintenance experience.
This month AES entered its sixth year of commercial service from advanced battery arrays.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy