Energy Storage Milestone Reached
AES Energy Storage’s fleet of advanced grid storage surpassed 1.5 million MWh of delivered service in the U.S. and Chile.
AES has deployed and now operates and maintains a fleet of 174 MW of battery-based controllable resources. These resources play critical roles in grid reliability for customers by providing active grid balancing and reserves.
“With more than 1,000 MW of storage capacity targeted for procurement in California alone, we are encouraged to see grid storage growing in markets around the world,” said Chris Shelton, President, AES Energy Storage.
AES now offers utilities complete battery-based alternatives for resource adequacy and advanced reserves. Our most recent offering is a 4th-generation design incorporating learning from more than five years of deployment, operations, and maintenance experience.
This month AES entered its sixth year of commercial service from advanced battery arrays.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing