Energy Storage Milestone Reached
AES Energy Storage’s fleet of advanced grid storage surpassed 1.5 million MWh of delivered service in the U.S. and Chile.
AES has deployed and now operates and maintains a fleet of 174 MW of battery-based controllable resources. These resources play critical roles in grid reliability for customers by providing active grid balancing and reserves.
“With more than 1,000 MW of storage capacity targeted for procurement in California alone, we are encouraged to see grid storage growing in markets around the world,” said Chris Shelton, President, AES Energy Storage.
AES now offers utilities complete battery-based alternatives for resource adequacy and advanced reserves. Our most recent offering is a 4th-generation design incorporating learning from more than five years of deployment, operations, and maintenance experience.
This month AES entered its sixth year of commercial service from advanced battery arrays.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement