Energy Storage System Conserves Energy, Reduces Costs
Through its Cox Conserves sustainability program, Cox Enterprises is using Stem’s 18 kW PowerStore energy storage system at its Manheim Southern California auction location in Fontana, Calif. The system provides the location with real-time data analytics that are used to optimize efficiency and reduce electricity costs.
The PowerStore system manages peak usage in Manheim Southern California’s main facility. Stem’s predictive software allows the building to use the most economical form of power available at any given moment, whether from the battery-based storage or from the grid, the company said.
The Manheim Southern California location has also implemented HVAC controls and reduced outdoor lighting wattage to conserve energy.
Cox Enterprises also utilizes alternative energy in Southern California through fuel cells and solar projects at Cox Communications, the company’s broadband communications and entertainment division.
Cox expanded its sustainability goals earlier this year and plans to send zero waste to landfill in the next 7–10 years and become carbon and water neutral in the next 25–30 years.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book