Energy Toolbase Analyzes Solar Project Economics
Technology Credit Corporation (TCC), a financier of commercial solar photovoltaic systems, has formally endorsed Energy Toolbase as its software platform of choice for calculating energy savings. TCC has financed over 300 commercial PV systems ranging in size from 30 kW to 800 kW. In addition to using Energy Toolbase internally to validate energy savings, TCC is recommending the platform to its network of solar partners nationwide.
TCC says in its experience financing commercial solar systems, it has seen two issues with predicting customer savings: i) many installers just ‘guesstimate’ savings using a simple, cents per kilowatt-hour calculation; and ii) even experienced commercial installers are not comfortable modeling rate changes and the impact of solar on demand charges.
Energy Toolbase is licensed by solar developers nationwide to calculate energy savings, model project economics, and create customer-facing proposals. The software-as-a-service product formally launched in July of 2014.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Let's Do The Math for DR