Energy Use from Lighting Equals 7.6% of Total Energy at Convention Center
The Albuquerque Convention Center, with more than 270,000 square feet, recently selected energy efficient LED lighting from Cree.
The Cree LEDs in combination with a control system reduce the convention center’s annual lighting energy usage from an industry standard 40 percent to 7.6 percent of its total energy usage.
According to the convention center, in the last twelve months, its lighting energy usage was reduced to 7.6 percent of the total electrical energy usage for all loads (mechanical, plug, etc.). Industry-standard lighting loads of 40 percent used in this evaluation saved the Convention Center 32.4 percent of avoided lighting loads through the use of Cree LED luminaires and Lutron controls. Energy-saving strategies implemented include occupancy sensing, daylight harvesting, task-level tuning, scene selection and event scheduling.
The new lighting system is anticipated to deliver more than $120,000 in yearly maintenance savings and a reduction of more than $100,000 in annual energy costs.
With the LED lighting system, the Albuquerque Convention Center now has the ability to tailor the lighting according to each occasion–whether it’s a large event or more intimate use of the space.
The Las Vegas Convention Center has cut its energy consumption by 40 percent by installing around 2,000 Holophane DualBay high bay luminaires from Acuity Brands.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- LED Myths and Facts
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing