Energy Use from Lighting Equals 7.6% of Total Energy at Convention Center
The Albuquerque Convention Center, with more than 270,000 square feet, recently selected energy efficient LED lighting from Cree.
The Cree LEDs in combination with a control system reduce the convention center’s annual lighting energy usage from an industry standard 40 percent to 7.6 percent of its total energy usage.
According to the convention center, in the last twelve months, its lighting energy usage was reduced to 7.6 percent of the total electrical energy usage for all loads (mechanical, plug, etc.). Industry-standard lighting loads of 40 percent used in this evaluation saved the Convention Center 32.4 percent of avoided lighting loads through the use of Cree LED luminaires and Lutron controls. Energy-saving strategies implemented include occupancy sensing, daylight harvesting, task-level tuning, scene selection and event scheduling.
The new lighting system is anticipated to deliver more than $120,000 in yearly maintenance savings and a reduction of more than $100,000 in annual energy costs.
With the LED lighting system, the Albuquerque Convention Center now has the ability to tailor the lighting according to each occasion–whether it’s a large event or more intimate use of the space.
The Las Vegas Convention Center has cut its energy consumption by 40 percent by installing around 2,000 Holophane DualBay high bay luminaires from Acuity Brands.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room