Energy Use from Lighting Equals 7.6% of Total Energy at Convention Center
The Albuquerque Convention Center, with more than 270,000 square feet, recently selected energy efficient LED lighting from Cree.
The Cree LEDs in combination with a control system reduce the convention center’s annual lighting energy usage from an industry standard 40 percent to 7.6 percent of its total energy usage.
According to the convention center, in the last twelve months, its lighting energy usage was reduced to 7.6 percent of the total electrical energy usage for all loads (mechanical, plug, etc.). Industry-standard lighting loads of 40 percent used in this evaluation saved the Convention Center 32.4 percent of avoided lighting loads through the use of Cree LED luminaires and Lutron controls. Energy-saving strategies implemented include occupancy sensing, daylight harvesting, task-level tuning, scene selection and event scheduling.
The new lighting system is anticipated to deliver more than $120,000 in yearly maintenance savings and a reduction of more than $100,000 in annual energy costs.
With the LED lighting system, the Albuquerque Convention Center now has the ability to tailor the lighting according to each occasion–whether it’s a large event or more intimate use of the space.
The Las Vegas Convention Center has cut its energy consumption by 40 percent by installing around 2,000 Holophane DualBay high bay luminaires from Acuity Brands.
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- BuildingIQ Security
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement