EnerNOC Invests in Behavioral Energy Efficiency Firm
EnerNOC has made an investment in Boston-based WeSpire, which offers software for businesses to engage employees in energy management.
With WeSpire, users earn points for actions related to energy, water, waste, transportation and food. Founded in 2010, WeSpire has some large customers, including eBay, McDonald’s, Unilever, and MGM Resorts International.
EnerNOC is not saying how much it invested, but under the terms of the agreement, EnerNOC has exclusive rights – in the energy intelligence software space – to market a white-labeled version of WeSpire’s employee engagement application, available for all of EnerNOC’s enterprise and utility customers.
EnerNOC will pair WeSpire’s interactive technology to motivate people with EnerNOC’s ability to pinpoint opportunities for energy-related savings.
EnerNOC CEO Tim Healy will join WeSpire’s Board of Directors as part of the agreement.
A WeSpire spokeswoman said when a company uses its platform, their employees join the program, usually via their Intranet or a mobile app. The platform provides a number of projects to choose from such as a floor-by-floor energy challenge.
Once on a project, users can complete and check off actions to earn points that accrue to their overall score as well as team and project scores. For example, a user might earn points for unplugging electronics when leaving the office. Points are based on the impact that an individual action has, so employees can compare high- and low-impact actions.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management