EnerNOC Invests in Behavioral Energy Efficiency Firm
EnerNOC has made an investment in Boston-based WeSpire, which offers software for businesses to engage employees in energy management.
With WeSpire, users earn points for actions related to energy, water, waste, transportation and food. Founded in 2010, WeSpire has some large customers, including eBay, McDonald’s, Unilever, and MGM Resorts International.
EnerNOC is not saying how much it invested, but under the terms of the agreement, EnerNOC has exclusive rights – in the energy intelligence software space – to market a white-labeled version of WeSpire’s employee engagement application, available for all of EnerNOC’s enterprise and utility customers.
EnerNOC will pair WeSpire’s interactive technology to motivate people with EnerNOC’s ability to pinpoint opportunities for energy-related savings.
EnerNOC CEO Tim Healy will join WeSpire’s Board of Directors as part of the agreement.
A WeSpire spokeswoman said when a company uses its platform, their employees join the program, usually via their Intranet or a mobile app. The platform provides a number of projects to choose from such as a floor-by-floor energy challenge.
Once on a project, users can complete and check off actions to earn points that accrue to their overall score as well as team and project scores. For example, a user might earn points for unplugging electronics when leaving the office. Points are based on the impact that an individual action has, so employees can compare high- and low-impact actions.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management