EnerNOC Invests in Electricity Database Software Firm
EnerNOC funded the Series A round of financing of San Francisco-based Genability, a software company that licenses its database of electricity tariffs for use with third-party products such as energy intelligence software (EIS).
EnerNOC says by connecting Genability’s tariff engine to its EIS applications, businesses will be able to see energy savings articulated in dollars instead of kilowatt hours.
In addition to providing an undisclosed amount of Series A funding, EnerNOC signed a licensing agreement, which gives it certain exclusive rights to Genability’s technology for EIS offerings that serve the commercial, institutional and industrial sector.
EnerNOC Chairman and CEO Tim Healy will join Genability’s Board of Directors.
Genability says it’s working on a new product – Verified By Genability – which will provide an independent assessment of potential electricity cost savings coupled with a monthly report on what was actually saved.
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Combined Heat and Power