EnerNOC Invests in Electricity Database Software Firm
EnerNOC funded the Series A round of financing of San Francisco-based Genability, a software company that licenses its database of electricity tariffs for use with third-party products such as energy intelligence software (EIS).
EnerNOC says by connecting Genability’s tariff engine to its EIS applications, businesses will be able to see energy savings articulated in dollars instead of kilowatt hours.
In addition to providing an undisclosed amount of Series A funding, EnerNOC signed a licensing agreement, which gives it certain exclusive rights to Genability’s technology for EIS offerings that serve the commercial, institutional and industrial sector.
EnerNOC Chairman and CEO Tim Healy will join Genability’s Board of Directors.
Genability says it’s working on a new product – Verified By Genability – which will provide an independent assessment of potential electricity cost savings coupled with a monthly report on what was actually saved.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles