EnerSys Software Optimizes Lift Truck Fleets
EnerSys launched modeling software that identifies the best battery and charger system for forklift fleets. The Zero Battery Change (ZBC) Designer software completes operational and financial analysis within 30 minutes.
ZBC Designer matches the right batteries and chargers, and in the correct quantities and configurations, according to each business’ specific operational needs, says EnerSys.
The goal of ZBC is to allow lift trucks to operate all day on one battery. The battery can be recharged while drivers are on break, eliminating battery changes even for multi-shift operations – referred to as “opportunity charging,” according to EnerSys.
Using the web-based software, customers input specifications such as number of shifts, hours of operation, number of trucks, truck capacity and truck type. The software then provides customized recommendations, pairing the optimum battery and charger, while providing detailed financial, operational and sensitivity analyses for the recommended solutions, including long- and short-term cost savings.
Walmart Stores recently announced it would roll out Plug Power’s hydrogen fuel cells for electric lift truck fleets at six of its North America distribution centers. The first of six sites will be deployed by the second quarter of 2014.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash