Enlighted Raises $20 Million
Enlighted, a company that makes sensor technology to reduce energy, has raised $20 million in Series C financing. New investor RockPort Capital led the round and was joined by new investor DFJ JAIC, along with existing investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, and Intel Capital.
Enlighted says its sensor technology and software are being employed to reduce power consumption for more than 10 million square feet of commercial real estate by building owners such as LinkedIn, Bank of New York, Google, Turner Broadcasting, JDSU, the City of San Jose and Hewlett-Packard.
Enlighted combines sensor technology, data analytics and controls to manage office buildings, public spaces, industrial sites and other real estate. The heart of the company’s technology is Enlighted Sensor, a device that attaches to new or existing LED, fluorescent, CFL or HID light fixtures. Enlighted Sensors monitor light levels, temperature, occupancy and power consumption for the 100 square feet of floor space directly beneath each of device and then controls these environmental parameters to save energy, reduce glare or harvest sunlight.
Enlighted’s Energy Manager analyzes data from Sensor to track consumption and other tasks. Enlighted’s technology can be deployed with LEDs or fluorescent fixtures.
Sensity Systems this week unveiled a light sensory network, branded NetSense, where each LED luminaire is fitted with a sensor and essentially becomes a node in a broadband network that can provide a variety of services for building owners.
Increasingly, data is being used to drive energy efficiency thanks to the growth of tools and know-how combining the Internet and energy technology, also known as the Enernet.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing