Enlighted Raises $20 Million
Enlighted, a company that makes sensor technology to reduce energy, has raised $20 million in Series C financing. New investor RockPort Capital led the round and was joined by new investor DFJ JAIC, along with existing investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, and Intel Capital.
Enlighted says its sensor technology and software are being employed to reduce power consumption for more than 10 million square feet of commercial real estate by building owners such as LinkedIn, Bank of New York, Google, Turner Broadcasting, JDSU, the City of San Jose and Hewlett-Packard.
Enlighted combines sensor technology, data analytics and controls to manage office buildings, public spaces, industrial sites and other real estate. The heart of the company’s technology is Enlighted Sensor, a device that attaches to new or existing LED, fluorescent, CFL or HID light fixtures. Enlighted Sensors monitor light levels, temperature, occupancy and power consumption for the 100 square feet of floor space directly beneath each of device and then controls these environmental parameters to save energy, reduce glare or harvest sunlight.
Enlighted’s Energy Manager analyzes data from Sensor to track consumption and other tasks. Enlighted’s technology can be deployed with LEDs or fluorescent fixtures.
Sensity Systems this week unveiled a light sensory network, branded NetSense, where each LED luminaire is fitted with a sensor and essentially becomes a node in a broadband network that can provide a variety of services for building owners.
Increasingly, data is being used to drive energy efficiency thanks to the growth of tools and know-how combining the Internet and energy technology, also known as the Enernet.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide