Enlighted Raises $20 Million
Enlighted, a company that makes sensor technology to reduce energy, has raised $20 million in Series C financing. New investor RockPort Capital led the round and was joined by new investor DFJ JAIC, along with existing investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, and Intel Capital.
Enlighted says its sensor technology and software are being employed to reduce power consumption for more than 10 million square feet of commercial real estate by building owners such as LinkedIn, Bank of New York, Google, Turner Broadcasting, JDSU, the City of San Jose and Hewlett-Packard.
Enlighted combines sensor technology, data analytics and controls to manage office buildings, public spaces, industrial sites and other real estate. The heart of the company’s technology is Enlighted Sensor, a device that attaches to new or existing LED, fluorescent, CFL or HID light fixtures. Enlighted Sensors monitor light levels, temperature, occupancy and power consumption for the 100 square feet of floor space directly beneath each of device and then controls these environmental parameters to save energy, reduce glare or harvest sunlight.
Enlighted’s Energy Manager analyzes data from Sensor to track consumption and other tasks. Enlighted’s technology can be deployed with LEDs or fluorescent fixtures.
Sensity Systems this week unveiled a light sensory network, branded NetSense, where each LED luminaire is fitted with a sensor and essentially becomes a node in a broadband network that can provide a variety of services for building owners.
Increasingly, data is being used to drive energy efficiency thanks to the growth of tools and know-how combining the Internet and energy technology, also known as the Enernet.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- BuildingIQ Security
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement