Enlighted Raises $20 Million
Enlighted, a company that makes sensor technology to reduce energy, has raised $20 million in Series C financing. New investor RockPort Capital led the round and was joined by new investor DFJ JAIC, along with existing investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, and Intel Capital.
Enlighted says its sensor technology and software are being employed to reduce power consumption for more than 10 million square feet of commercial real estate by building owners such as LinkedIn, Bank of New York, Google, Turner Broadcasting, JDSU, the City of San Jose and Hewlett-Packard.
Enlighted combines sensor technology, data analytics and controls to manage office buildings, public spaces, industrial sites and other real estate. The heart of the company’s technology is Enlighted Sensor, a device that attaches to new or existing LED, fluorescent, CFL or HID light fixtures. Enlighted Sensors monitor light levels, temperature, occupancy and power consumption for the 100 square feet of floor space directly beneath each of device and then controls these environmental parameters to save energy, reduce glare or harvest sunlight.
Enlighted’s Energy Manager analyzes data from Sensor to track consumption and other tasks. Enlighted’s technology can be deployed with LEDs or fluorescent fixtures.
Sensity Systems this week unveiled a light sensory network, branded NetSense, where each LED luminaire is fitted with a sensor and essentially becomes a node in a broadband network that can provide a variety of services for building owners.
Increasingly, data is being used to drive energy efficiency thanks to the growth of tools and know-how combining the Internet and energy technology, also known as the Enernet.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Combined Heat and Power