Enlighted Raises $20 Million
Enlighted, a company that makes sensor technology to reduce energy, has raised $20 million in Series C financing. New investor RockPort Capital led the round and was joined by new investor DFJ JAIC, along with existing investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, and Intel Capital.
Enlighted says its sensor technology and software are being employed to reduce power consumption for more than 10 million square feet of commercial real estate by building owners such as LinkedIn, Bank of New York, Google, Turner Broadcasting, JDSU, the City of San Jose and Hewlett-Packard.
Enlighted combines sensor technology, data analytics and controls to manage office buildings, public spaces, industrial sites and other real estate. The heart of the company’s technology is Enlighted Sensor, a device that attaches to new or existing LED, fluorescent, CFL or HID light fixtures. Enlighted Sensors monitor light levels, temperature, occupancy and power consumption for the 100 square feet of floor space directly beneath each of device and then controls these environmental parameters to save energy, reduce glare or harvest sunlight.
Enlighted’s Energy Manager analyzes data from Sensor to track consumption and other tasks. Enlighted’s technology can be deployed with LEDs or fluorescent fixtures.
Sensity Systems this week unveiled a light sensory network, branded NetSense, where each LED luminaire is fitted with a sensor and essentially becomes a node in a broadband network that can provide a variety of services for building owners.
Increasingly, data is being used to drive energy efficiency thanks to the growth of tools and know-how combining the Internet and energy technology, also known as the Enernet.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management