Enphase Introduces System to Accelerate Mainstream Solar Adoption
Enphase Energy has introduced a system that enables large-scale implementation of grid-ready solar power. The system integrates solar generation, storage, cloud-connected communications and load management, which allows solar installers and distributors to more easily manage the design, installation and management of solar arrays.
The system provides utilities with a higher level of visibility, insight and control over the energy grid. The smart-grid ready system shares information, and in some cases control functions, with utilities over the cloud.
The system comprises four Enphase offerings: a smart-grid ready microinverter; plug-and-play storage; advanced control capabilities; and load management. The bidirectional, software-defined Enphase S-Series microinverter enables solar generation that is smart-grid ready and meets current and future requirements. The company’s AC Battery provides energy storage with a modular, plug-and-play storage device. The new Envoy-S expands from energy monitoring into revenue grade metering of solar production, metering of consumption and storage management.
Enphase’s Enlighten software platform enables customers to monitor system performance from any PC, tablet or smartphone. It alerts system owners to performance issues, supports operations and maintenance activities for installers, and helps utilities optimize and manage the grid.
System components will be available on a rolling basis beginning in the third quarter of 2015, according to the company.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers