Enterprise Touts Metro New York Energy Reduction Efforts
Enterprise Holdings, which owns and operates more than 400 Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car rental facilities in metro New York, has reduced its local energy use by almost 10 percent since 2010. Even more recently, the metro New York team reduced energy consumption by more than 530,000 kilowatt-hours in its facilities during a five-month period.
“Decreasing energy use in each of our rental branches can make a real difference in our business,” said Andy Church, president and general manager for Enterprise Holdings in New York. “Our presence in every U.S. market means that even small changes can have a significant impact.”
In 2010, Enterprise Holdings committed to reduce both energy use and energy costs by 20 percent companywide through its 20/20 Vision initiative, with $50 million in energy cost savings by 2015.
“Our hope is for our metro New York locations to collectively reduce energy use by up to 25 percent by 2015,” Church said.
To that end, Lee Broughton, head of corporate sustainability for Enterprise Holdings, stresses the cumulative impact of all 76 of the company’s regional subsidiaries participating in the company’s 20/20 Vision initiative.
Energy Efficiency efforts range from installing energy-efficient lighting to adding motion sensors on thermostats and controlling parking lot lighting with an astronomic timer.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation