EnTouch, Green Mountain Energy Target Small Businesses with EMS
Green Mountain Energy Company, a renewable energy retailer, has partnered with EnTouch Controls to bring the EnTouch energy management system to new and existing Green Mountain small business customers. The EnTouch EMS measures, monitors and manages energy use and, according to customer case studies, can help reduce energy costs by up to 20 percent.
On-bill financing bundles the cost of the tool into a customer’s monthly electricity bill.
According to the most recent Commercial Buildings Energy Consumption Survey compiled by the US Energy Information Administration, small buildings comprise nearly 90 percent of the nation’s commercial buildings and use 50 percent more energy per square foot than larger facilities in part due to inefficiencies. EnergyStar reports commercial buildings waste 30 percent of building energy use.
Though energy is the most controllable operating expense for small businesses, typically defined as customers using less than 1 million kilowatt-hours of electricity per year, most have not taken steps to manage it.
The EnTouch Controls EMS leverages wireless networking and cloud-based analytics. Because the reduction in energy and maintenance costs often pays for the system in less than two years, small commercial customers such as restaurants, retail stores, school districts and property management firms are able to afford this EMS.
EnTouch claims its EMS has demonstrated energy reductions of 10 to 20 percent or more and reductions in HVAC runtime of 25 percent. The system can also automatically alert business or property owners to HVAC and other monitored equipment issues, saving both energy usage and maintenance expenses.
The EnTouch EMS is available to Green Mountain small business customers in Texas, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, with additional markets coming soon.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software