EnTouch Partners with Telit for Cellular Access to Energy Management
EnTouch Controls, a provider of energy management systems for small businesses and light commercial facilities, partnered with Telit Wireless Solutions to offer the cellular-enabled EnTouch One Energy Management System controller and Internet gateway.
The product was designed for new systems and to retrofit wired or non-networked controllers.
Target customers for the machine-to-machine (M2M) enabled product include restaurants, stores, schools and offices. The EnTouch One controller is designed for facilities where traditional energy management systems are too complex and expensive.
EnTouch has embedded Telit’s GE865-QUAD quad-band GSM/GPRS module in the EnTouch One controller to deliver cellular functionality. Now the system can automatically alert business or property owners of issues with HVAC and other monitored equipment, saving energy usage.
The new cellular communication provides continuous connectivity and enables mobile facility management for national chain operators.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies