Eos Energy Storage Spends $1M to Boost Znyth Batteries
Eos Energy Storage plans to ramp up manufacturing with the support of a $1 million award from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). Eos has a manufacturing partnership with Incodema to begin MW-scale production of the company’s zinc hybrid cathode (Znyth) battery technology.
The NYSERDA award supports investment in equipment that will increase commercial production of the technology. And the award will also support performance and reliability testing of Eos’s Znyth battery technology at the BEST Test and Commercialization Center in Rochester, NY.
Established as a partnership between DNV GL (formerly DNV KEMA) and the New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium (NY-BEST), this BEST Test and Commercialization Center will accelerate commercialization of Eos’ 1MW/6MWh Aurora energy storage system.
Eos is planning to test its Aurora energy storage system at a Con Edison facility in mid-2014. The project will demonstrate the value of distributed energy storage in reducing costs associated with construction of new generation, transmission, and distribution infrastructure required to serve peak electricity demand.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex