Eos Energy Storage Spends $1M to Boost Znyth Batteries
Eos Energy Storage plans to ramp up manufacturing with the support of a $1 million award from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). Eos has a manufacturing partnership with Incodema to begin MW-scale production of the company’s zinc hybrid cathode (Znyth) battery technology.
The NYSERDA award supports investment in equipment that will increase commercial production of the technology. And the award will also support performance and reliability testing of Eos’s Znyth battery technology at the BEST Test and Commercialization Center in Rochester, NY.
Established as a partnership between DNV GL (formerly DNV KEMA) and the New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium (NY-BEST), this BEST Test and Commercialization Center will accelerate commercialization of Eos’ 1MW/6MWh Aurora energy storage system.
Eos is planning to test its Aurora energy storage system at a Con Edison facility in mid-2014. The project will demonstrate the value of distributed energy storage in reducing costs associated with construction of new generation, transmission, and distribution infrastructure required to serve peak electricity demand.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide