Eos Energy Storage Spends $1M to Boost Znyth Batteries
Eos Energy Storage plans to ramp up manufacturing with the support of a $1 million award from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). Eos has a manufacturing partnership with Incodema to begin MW-scale production of the company’s zinc hybrid cathode (Znyth) battery technology.
The NYSERDA award supports investment in equipment that will increase commercial production of the technology. And the award will also support performance and reliability testing of Eos’s Znyth battery technology at the BEST Test and Commercialization Center in Rochester, NY.
Established as a partnership between DNV GL (formerly DNV KEMA) and the New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium (NY-BEST), this BEST Test and Commercialization Center will accelerate commercialization of Eos’ 1MW/6MWh Aurora energy storage system.
Eos is planning to test its Aurora energy storage system at a Con Edison facility in mid-2014. The project will demonstrate the value of distributed energy storage in reducing costs associated with construction of new generation, transmission, and distribution infrastructure required to serve peak electricity demand.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards