Eos Energy Storage Spends $1M to Boost Znyth Batteries
Eos Energy Storage plans to ramp up manufacturing with the support of a $1 million award from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). Eos has a manufacturing partnership with Incodema to begin MW-scale production of the company’s zinc hybrid cathode (Znyth) battery technology.
The NYSERDA award supports investment in equipment that will increase commercial production of the technology. And the award will also support performance and reliability testing of Eos’s Znyth battery technology at the BEST Test and Commercialization Center in Rochester, NY.
Established as a partnership between DNV GL (formerly DNV KEMA) and the New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium (NY-BEST), this BEST Test and Commercialization Center will accelerate commercialization of Eos’ 1MW/6MWh Aurora energy storage system.
Eos is planning to test its Aurora energy storage system at a Con Edison facility in mid-2014. The project will demonstrate the value of distributed energy storage in reducing costs associated with construction of new generation, transmission, and distribution infrastructure required to serve peak electricity demand.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement