Eos Energy Storage Spends $1M to Boost Znyth Batteries
Eos Energy Storage plans to ramp up manufacturing with the support of a $1 million award from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). Eos has a manufacturing partnership with Incodema to begin MW-scale production of the company’s zinc hybrid cathode (Znyth) battery technology.
The NYSERDA award supports investment in equipment that will increase commercial production of the technology. And the award will also support performance and reliability testing of Eos’s Znyth battery technology at the BEST Test and Commercialization Center in Rochester, NY.
Established as a partnership between DNV GL (formerly DNV KEMA) and the New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium (NY-BEST), this BEST Test and Commercialization Center will accelerate commercialization of Eos’ 1MW/6MWh Aurora energy storage system.
Eos is planning to test its Aurora energy storage system at a Con Edison facility in mid-2014. The project will demonstrate the value of distributed energy storage in reducing costs associated with construction of new generation, transmission, and distribution infrastructure required to serve peak electricity demand.
The complimentary report "Guide to Energy, Carbon and Sustainability Software," created by Groom Energy and brought to you by Enablon, presents the main drivers for companies to invest in sustainability software. The guide describes the biggest challenges, identifies key software features to look for and offers recommendations for selecting sustainability software. Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management